Search for content in message boards

Absalom Cox Currituck Co. NC 1775

Absalom Cox Currituck Co. NC 1775

Posted: 11 May 2003 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cox/Rush/Deckard/Hust
I need help. I am looking for some info on a Absalom Cox in currituck County, North Carolina. I am not sure if this was his birth place or not. He was married to a Martha (Patsey) Garris.

Fathers name may have been Edward Cox from the same county in NC, but I'm not sure. any help would be very very greatful..

Re: Absalom Cox Currituck Co. NC 1775

Jeanne Vollmer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2004 1:09AM GMT
Any relation to Brickhouse Cox married to Jane Bray of Currituck Co.?????

Mark (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2004 4:14AM GMT
Surnames: Cox,Hust,Deckard,Rush
Not that I know about at this time.
Thanks.

Posted: 12 Dec 2009 1:31AM GMT
Mark,
I know this is an old post, but I Just had a DNA match to Absalom. My ggggrandfather was Zachariah Cox, born 1778, N.C. He died 1860, Gordon County, Ga. I do not know have that are related, but it was an exact match. I have hit a brick wall with Zachariah.
Lisa

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 8:40PM GMT
Hello cousin.

found my ancestor's father's will; I believe your Absalom is mentioned here as well: http://www.ncgenweb.us/currituck/wills/coxedward1748.html

Edward Cox
Sept. 26. 1748 - July Court 1751

North Carolina }
Currituck County}

In the Name of God Amen.

I Edward COX of the County aforesaid being Very Sick and weak but in perfect Sence and Memory thanks be to God for it I therefore make this my Last will and Testament In manner and form following that is to Say -----

Imprimis I Give and bequeath to my Son Thomas COX the plantation I now live on Inclueding Seventy five Acres of Land I also Give my Said Son my old Horse and five hed of Cattle that is Caled and Deamd to be his to him and his Heirs for Ever with ye Land before mentioned.

Imprimis I Give and Bequeath to my Son Absolom COX the plantation that was Caled Hezeciahs Including Seventy five Acres of Land I also Give my Said Son three hed of Cattle Caled and known to be his with ye Said Land to him and His Heirs for Ever.

Imprimis I Give to my Son Eliga COX the remander part of my Land with my young Horse and three Hed of Chattle [sic] Caled and Known to be his with the Said Land to Him and his Heirs for Ever.

Imprimis I Give to my Dafter Jemima PARKER first Child a Cow Calf and a Ewe Lamb to be Delivered by my Executors as Soon as my Affares are Setled.

Imprimis I Give to my Dafter Jemima PARKER a Cow and Calf Known by the name of Motly at the Bancks on the place Cald Cow Quarter.

Imprimis Now as for the Rest of my Estate I Give to my three Sons Thomas Absolom And Eliga to be Equally Devided Amongst them after my Debts and Charges and Bural Expences is paid I also leave my Said three Sons to be my Sole Executors of this my Last will And Testament Disaluling [sic] all former Wills before by me made. In Witness Whereof I have hereunto Set my hand and fixed my Seal this 26 Day of September 1748.
/s/ Edward [his EC mark] COX

Signed Sealed published and Declared by the Testator to be his Last Will and Testament in presents of
William SHERGOLD
Nathl WILSON
Malachi WILSON

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions