Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR HARRISON BROOKS 1830

LOOKING FOR HARRISON BROOKS 1830

Posted: 21 Jan 2000 5:11PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 6:04AM GMT
my research ends with harrison brooks. related to earl allen(1881) whose father was horace elmer collins. harrison is believed to be from brooklyn illinois. his family moved through iowa, wyoming and nebraska through the years

George M Brooks

Evelyn (Brooks) Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2000 8:18PM GMT
My grandfather was named Harrison Brooks and he lived in Ark. he died in the early 60's. He had two sons, George Matt Brooks, my dad, and James Thomas Brooks.

Harrison Brooks

Posted: 15 Feb 2000 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 6:04AM GMT
The Harrison Brooks I am seeking information on was born in Brooklyn, Illinois in 1830. That is all of the information I have other than he was the father of Everett Brooks(?) who is the father of Margaret Mae Brooks(b.10/1908).

Harrison Brooks

Evely(Brooks)Sharp (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2000 9:57PM GMT
Sorry Sheila,
The only names I have are Thomas Brooks,James Thomas Brooks, and George Brooks(my Dad).I know they were all from Ark. and Tenn.My e-mail is Sharp2u@aol.com if anyone has info.Evelyn

Harrison Brooks

Posted: 5 Sep 2000 8:29PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2002 8:05PM GMT
Hi Sheila,
I talked to awhile ago. I'm Howard's daughter and I have a few updates, Harrison was born in Feb. 1840, in Brooklyn, Schuyler, IL and married Margaret Allen in 1863 in Huntsville, Schuyler, IL. He had three sons, William who died at age 11, Charles Everett who married Nellie Durbin in 1905 Plankinton, Aurora, SD(Howard Everett, Margarett Mae and 5 others are their children). His last child stayed with them until SD and then around 1900 went to WI(?) I have birth certificates of the seven children and marriage licence for Nellie and Charles if you would like copies. I thought I sent this if not let me know what you need. Still looking for Levi Durbin(Nellie's father) and Harrison Brooks' father and siblings if you have more info willing to share. Harrison lived in IL, NE, SD, and MO after 1880. He died in Louisburg, Dallas, MO in 1919 Jan 8.

Re: Harrison Brooks/James Thomas Brooks

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 2:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'd be interested in any information you have on James Thomas Brooks. That's my husband's ggfather, if it's the same guy.

Thanks in advance~!

--Cindy

Re: Harrison Brooks

Posted: 31 May 2014 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was wondering if you ever found Harrison's father or siblings? This is my uncles's family and I can't get past Harrison (he's a descendant of Charles Everett). I came across something that said Harrison's father was Caleb (1815 in Ohio) but I don't know if it's accurate.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic