Search for content in message boards

William Tatum/Tatom born in NC and died1844 in Johnson co., AR

William Tatum/Tatom born in NC and died1844 in Johnson co., AR

Posted: 7 Feb 2002 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
I looking for any ancestor or sibling information on William Tatum or Tatom who was born in NC according to census data of his children. He died Sept. 30, 1844 in Johnson co., Arkansas. He had two wives. One of them was Elizabeth born Sept 16, 1796 in NC and died Aug. 12, 1862 in Hunt co., Texas. William's children included William Richardson, James S., Thomas, George W., Alferd, Frances Ann Narcissa, Rebecca W., Maran R., and Felix G. Most of these children were known to be born in Tennessee, probably in Dickson county, TN. Have lots of information to share on descendents. My email is jalawells@aol.com.

Re: William Tatum/Tatom born in NC and died1844 in Johnson co., AR

Posted: 23 Feb 2002 9:06PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jun 2004 7:02PM GMT
Where in North Carolina was William Tatum born? I have a 2nd great grandfather, William C. Tatum and a great grandfather, William Armstong Tatum. Their father was Jesse Tatum born in 1798.

Faye (Sharp) Alley

Jan Wells (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2002 2:03AM GMT
My William Tatom was most likely born in 1790's in NC, but I don't know what county for sure. I am wondering if he is the son of William Tatom born to John Tatom Sr. and Ann Wright. They were married Nov 7, 1743 in Norfolk county, Virginia, but I think they moved to Granville co., NC to raise their family.

Posted: 15 Jul 2002 9:54PM GMT
Do you have a Daniel Tatum b. 1819 in Tennessee.
He lived in Clark county, Arkansas in the 1850 census.

Thank you,
Sharon

Jan Wells (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 10:16PM GMT
No, I do not have a Daniel Tatum in my tree, yet. I have added a number of Tatums to my tree since my last posting. I have deduced that my William Tatom's father was William Tatom, Sr.. Both are on the Dickson county, TN census for 1820 living 2 households apart on page 7. In 1830 the Sr. William is still in Dickson county, TN on page 24. Wheras the Jr. William is gone as he is in Johnson co. AR by 1830. The ages of children I have agree with the census data for 1820 for William Jr. William Tatom Sr. is a son of Stephen Tatum and Mourning. My direct email is jalawells@aol.com. My tree is listed at gencircles.com

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 5:01PM GMT
Edited: 29 Feb 2004 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Tatum, Tatom
Looking for James A. Tatum and wife Anna . They had a daughter, Anna Ledora. They lived in Dickson Co. TN and in 1880 were in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

Thanks,
Patti

Jan Wells (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2004 3:49AM GMT
Edited: 29 Feb 2004 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Tatum
yes, i have your family in my database --

1 James A. Tatum b: 1819 in Dickson co., TN d: Aft. 1870 married Ann S. Baker b: Abt. 1820 in Tennessee d: Aft. 1870. children -
- James W. Tatum b: Abt. 1840 in Dickson co., TN
- William/Willis George Tatum b: Abt. 1843 in Dickson co., TN d: December 08, 1889 in Benton co., AR who married Elizabeth Ann Watson b: Abt. 1839 in Bond co., Illinois
- Adda Leona Tatum b: August 12, 1870 in Woburn, Bond co., Illinois d: July 05, 1947 in Carlsbad, NM who married Syvanus A. Watkins b: January 05, 1860 in Coffeyville, KS ?? their children -
- Emma G. Tatum b: 1868 in Illinois
- Ida M. Tatum b: 1874 in Bond co., Illinois
- William Allen Tatumb: 1875 in Woburn, Bond co., Illinois
- Amie B. Tatum b: 1879 in Barry co, MO
- Ada A. Tatum b: 1879 in Barry co, MO
- Gustavus/Augustus H. Tatum b: Abt. 1844 in Dickson co., TN
- Samuel Tatum b: Abt. 1846 in Dickson co., TN
- Thomas B. Tatum b: Abt. 1848 in Dickson co., TN who married Sophia Gunter
- Sedora Tatum b: Abt. 1855 in Dickson co., TN
- David S. Tatum b: Abt. 1856 in Illinois
- Richard Alen Tatum b: March 01, 1858 in Illinois
- Eugene L. Tatum b: Abt. 1865 in Bond co., Illinois
is this your family? please let me know of any errors or additions. my email is jalawells@aol.com. i believe that James father, William Tatom, was my ggggrandfather. i have a lot of info on the Tatum/Tatom line.

jan

Billie Tatom Ford (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2005 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: Tatom Floyd Martin Watson, Slaughter, Strickler
Jan, this is my line through Willis George Tatom and Elizabeth Watson Tatom. These two plus a daughter Ida died in Siloam Springs Arkansas. I have been unable to find where they are buried. A daughter Ada married a W. A Burford and died in Carroll County Arkansas and that is where James A. Tatom married to Ann Baker Tatom lived , they were still on the 1900 census of Carroll County. After that I have been unable to find them so do not know where they may have died. If you have any information on James, Ann, Ledora, or the ones I mentioned that died and I have not been able to find their resting place, I would appreciate it ever so much if you would share. William Allen Tatom son of Willis George is my Grandfather and he is buried in Pioneer Cemetery, Dos Cabezas Arizona, Cochise County, along with his wife Lula Mae Floyd Tatom and my parents Lloyd R. and Hattie May Winton Tatom. Thanks much. Billie Tatom Ford

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: William Tatom/Tatom
James A & Ann Tatom are both buried in Potters Field, Eureka Springs Arkansas. James A Tatom is the son of James A Tatom sr. Ann Tatom is the daughter of William (1760-1847) & Mary Tatom

Posted: 8 Sep 2011 1:12PM GMT
There were three brothers born in King William County, VA, in the period 1710-1730. One was the John Tatum who moved to Granville County, NC. His brother Stephen moved to Orange County, NC. Stephen Tatom (he and most of his descendents spelled the name Tatom) had a son "William" (1760-1847). According to Walter Tatom's book, "Stephen Tatom and His Descendents", William moved to Dickson County, TN, and raised a family there. There are six pages on William in the book (I believe that all the books are sold. I got one of the last ones several years ago). Walter says "he (William) was married twice, however, no record has been found of such marriage or children born to him. By rumor he (William) had 11 children by his first wife. Children by his second wife Mary Wright: Benjamin N., James, Gennetta, George William (le Rue), and Thomas Richard." According to the book, when William's father, Stephen, died, William's brother John took car of their widowed mother and William took care of the other members of the family who remained at home. The census of 1800 for Orange County shows William as the head of a family of thirteen persons, eight living with him and five living beside him with his sister, Kessiah.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic