Search for content in message boards

Mary (AYER) PARKER

Mary (AYER) PARKER

Posted: 14 Jun 2010 10:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: AYER, PARKER, EVERED
I just did a search, and read all the old posts pertaining to her, and I don't see anything new for several years.

Mary is my 8th great grandmother. Years ago when I first came on line I tried to learn more about Mary's parents, and I couldn't find anything at the time.'

I saw there were posts here saying her parents were John and Hannah (EVERED) AYER. Can someone tell me the source for this?

Thanks, Gail

Re: Mary (AYER) PARKER

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 6:43PM GMT
Hello, Gail-
My family tree goes back to John and Hannah Ayer (through their son), and I am trying to ascertain whether their daughter Mary is the same Mary Ayer involved in the witch trials. The dates of death don't seem to match up -- but perhaps that's just an error.

I'd love to hear what you or others have pieced together, or perhaps you can just point me toward useful resources for figuring this out.

Thanks so much.
-Susanna

Posted: 6 Apr 2011 3:35AM GMT
Hi Susanna, as I said, I don't know anything about Mary's parents, and would love to know.

I don't have much information on this computer, but I'll look and see what's in my old paper files and get back to you. - Gail

Posted: 20 May 2011 4:05AM GMT
Mary is my 9G Grandmother. My mom did a lot of research on this line many years ago and I have her research entered into my tree. She listed the source as From "Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury, MA, MA," by David Hoyt, 1897-1919. It showed that John and Hannah received land in Salisbury, MA, 1640 and moved to Haverhill, MA about 1647 (which puts the family in the right area and general time frame).
But, she notes for Mary that
- Mary Ayer Parker has often been confused with her sister in law Mary Parker who was hanged as a witch during Salem Witch Trial Frenzy and it was probably the Mary Parker who died Sept 1692.
- came from England to Newbury first, then in 1645 at Andover, MA
- oath of allegiance 1678
So, I'd assume that was Nathan's sister that you are asking about. . .
Hope that helped a little :o)

Posted: 8 May 2012 9:33PM GMT
Good Afternoon
Reading your post on Mary Ayer Parker, I have the same information, her brother John would have been my 9th great grandfather
Wondering if you have any other family information that you would like to pass on?
Thank you
Barbara

Posted: 8 May 2012 9:36PM GMT
HI
reading your post i have mary birth as 1634 daughter of john and hannah ayer

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 6:27PM GMT
Mary Ayer Parker EditDelete
WillisB51 (View posts) Posted: 2 Dec 2012 8:24PM
Is there any one still searching this issue? Is there any one with questions?

I have the answers, contact me here or directly to Willisb199@aol.com

Happy hunting;
per page

Find a board about a specific topic