Jessee,Moses, and Pheobe Cox.

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 11:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am also looking for information on

Re: Jessee,Moses, and Pheobe Cox.

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 11:57AM GMT
Surnames: BARNETT,COX,MATHIS,HOWARD,HAWN,POTTER
oops sorry about that, I don't know why it did that.

I am also looking for information on these three families.

Jessee first appears in Morgan Co.,TN in 1840.He was born @ 1801 in VA.His wife is Mary Ann unknown, born @ 1806 in NC.He had 5 known children:

Phebe born @ 1838 in TN,James born @ 1840 in TN,Lelia bonr @ 1842 in TN,Elisha born @ 1844, and Lewis born @ 1846 in TN.I have no idea what part of TN Phebe and James were born in, the rest of the children were born in Morgan Co.,TN.This family appeared on the 1840 and 1850 Morgan Co.,TN censuses and then left for parts unknown.

MOSES Cox and family appeared in Morgan Co.,TN, in 1850.Moses was born @ 1815 in TN.His wife was Sarah Ann Unknown and she was born @ 1821 in TN.They had 4 known children:

Leanah born 1841 in TN,John born @ 1844 in KY,Louisa A. born @ 1847 in TN, and Ira D.(F) born @ 1849 in TN.

Moses and family only appears on the 1850 Morgan Co.,TN census.They left for parts unknown after that.

Also in Morgan Co.,TN at this time was a Pheobe Cox born @ 1764 in VA. She is in the home of Luke and Anna Cox Hall.I am assuming that this is Anna's mother.She could possibly also be the mother of Jessee Cox, since his first child was named Phebe and he was also born in VA.

If anyone has any information on these ppl I would really appreciate it.

Re: Jessee,Moses, and Pheobe Cox.

Esther (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2003 5:26PM GMT
I`m looking for an Amrose Cox b ABT 1883 in KY Think his parents may have been Lydia Cox & William Bowens . Thanks & GOD BLESS
Esther(granny@scottsburg.com)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions