Search for content in message boards

Jewell, Ferris

Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:55AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Purdy, Baker
I have a Mary Matilda Jewell, born 1823 Canada, parents William and Cynthia Rapelje Jewell. She married Joseph B Anderson, born 1822 Canada, parents Jeremiah N and Sarah Anderson. They had children. Does this help? In the 1852 census Mary and Joseph farmed on the William Jewell farm, Lot 2, Concession 10, Charlottesville Twp; Baptist.

Jewell, Ferris

R. S. Barrons (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jewell
Looking for ancestors of Marguerite Jewell 1899-1955 married to Earl Ferris 1900-1957 and also their children. They lived in Spooky Hollow in Charlotteville Township.

Jewell

R. S. Barrons (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
I appreciate any Jewell family information, as it is a family which I am totally unfamiliar. I note on the Tremaine map of 1856 that lot 2, con. 10 is listed to a Mrs. Jewell. Nearby on lot 13, con. 1 is listed to A. Jewell. Again, I am looking for parents / grandparents of Marguerite Jewell.
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2002 9:32PM GMT
Ellenor Jewell, d/o Ezekiel & Mary Jane (Boughner) Jewell figures into the Matthews family when she married James F. Matthews 18 Aug 1859. They had 7 known children, most untraced by me.

Jewell

Linda Welch (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jewell, Welch, Forse
I have a Rebecca Jewell born on June 4, 1841. She apparently married a man named Forse and upon his death she married Benjamin Mattison Welch. He lived in Walsingham Township and they had nine children.

Jewell

Linda Welch (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Jewell, Welch, Forse
I have a Rebecca Jewell born on June 4, 1841. She apparently married a man named Forse and upon his death she married Benjamin Mattison Welch. He lived in Walsingham Township and they had nine children.

Re: Jewell, Ferris

rose (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 11:14PM GMT
Surnames: Jewell, Ferris
My grandmother was Mary Elizabeth (Jewell) Spicer.
Her mother was Mary E. (Ferris) Spicer. Her Father was Issac R. Jewell. Her dad was born in Wales, England and
her mother was born in Jackson, MI. My grandmother was also, born in Jackson, MI. Any help appreciated.
email me: auntierose1@home.com

Carole Deeder (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2003 3:23PM GMT
My Grandma Gertrude Harriet born 1890 Jackson,Mi.is Mary Elizabeth's sister. Did you know William (Uncle Bill&Aunt Molly)Mary Elizabeth's brother.Gertrude married Linwood Stitt.

Re: Jewell

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 2:19PM GMT
Ezekiel jewell and Freelove oaks has 6 sons and 3 daughters
They were: James, Ezekiel, Reuben, William, Thmas, and Abraham; the 3 daughters were Jane, Rebecca and Elizabeth. With the exception of Abraham, all were born in New Brunswick. The father died about 1830.
James Jewell (the eldest son)was a soldier never married.
Ezekiel Jewell (the 2nd son) and his brother Reuben settled in the States.
William Jewell (the 4th son of Ezekiel) married Cynthia Rapelje, and settled in Charlotville. They had 4 sons Thomas, Henry, Abraham and Jon; and 6 daughters, Matilda, Helen, Adelaide, Rebecca Ann, Jane and Cynthia
Thomas Jewell (5th son of Ezekiel died single
Abraham Jewell (youngest sone of Ezekiel) married Jane Oaks and settled on the homestead. They had 4 sons Ezekiel, George, William and John; and 3 daughters Freelove, Emmar and Rebecca.
Jane Jewell, eldest daughter of Ezekiel died single.
Rebecca Jewell the 2nd daughter married Michael Forse and settled near Vittoria.
Elizabeth, youngest daughter of Ezekiel married Jacob Powell.

Posted: 11 Feb 2007 4:38PM GMT
I tried sending census info from 1901 and 1911 but it appears your mail box is full
Parents in 1901 are Elmer and Lillie , children Wilmer, Leslie and Florence M. born Aug.07,1899
1911 Census parents are Elmer and Delfie, children Wilmer, Leslie, Margarite, Violett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions