Search for content in message boards

Little Creek Methodist Church Cemetery

Little Creek Methodist Church Cemetery

Posted: 7 May 2005 4:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald, Lagrone, Hill, Smith and Freeman
A large number of my family are buried in the Little Creek Methodist Church Cemetery in Archibald, La. They are McDonald, Lagrone, Hill, Freeman and Smith.

My question is, has this cemetery been transcribed and if so, where would I locate the information?

Thank you for your help
Brenda

Re: Little Creek Methodist Church Cemetery

Virginia (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2005 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2005 5:59PM GMT
I transcribed the cemetery back in the 80`s and many of the others in Richland Parish and have a lot of it on 3x5 cards so I can find the names easily.
Who are you looking for?

Posted: 7 May 2005 9:22PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2005 11:03PM GMT
We are practically kinfolks. My husbands brother was married to a Hill. They all grew up in that area.together. I noticed someone told you the information you needed. Sometimes you can just put the name of the Cemetery in Google "Little Creek Methodist Church Cemetery, Richland Parish, La." and it will pop up if anyone has donated the info.

Posted: 7 May 2005 11:19PM GMT
Did you happen to copy a small cemetery near Warden, La. called Fairview. I am looking for Louisia Yount. The writing on the death certificate was not clear, but she lived in Delhi at the time of her death.It looked like Fairfield to some, and only found a Fairview in that area.

Lillie Anne Duchesne (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2005 3:21AM GMT
Surnames: ROY,CONLEY. McCALLISTER
Did you happen to find any Franklin's at Little Creek?

Thanks
Lillie

Posted: 8 May 2005 3:57AM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2005 6:14PM GMT
Virginia,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I am planning a trip to Rayville the middle of this month and thought I would like to visit the cemetery and take some photos.

A couple of questions. Is the cemetery hard to locate and what condition is it in?

Regarding the names I am looking for, they are many.

I need information on the Elijah McDonald family, the William Washington Freeman Family, the Hill Family, The Lofton Family, the Smith Family, Lagrone Family etc.

1. Martha Catherine Freeman
2. Lee and Ida Lagrone
3. Grace and J. Hardy Middleton
4. Geneva Freeman
5. Shadrick M. Smith
6. Arthur Medlin
7. John Allen Smith

There are just to many to list. If you could help with these few it would be appreciated.

Thanks from Texas
Brenda

Posted: 8 May 2005 4:03AM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2005 6:14PM GMT
Mrs. Wiggins,

Which one of the Hills was your brother-in-law married to.? Our Hills in Louisiana are from John Thomas and Sarah Ida Hill. Their daughter Rosa Hill married William Franklin Freeman son of William Washington and Catherine Wilder Freeman.
These are my mother's relatives.

Thanks for responding and a Happy Mother's Day.

Brenda from Texas

Posted: 8 May 2005 2:40PM GMT
Maxine Hill m. Huey Wiggins. Maxine's parents were Grover & Mamie Hill. I believe Mamie was a LaGrone. Its been awhile since I thought about all that family history. I don't have any written down. They lived in the Delco & Archibald, La. area. I don't think they are buried in Little Creek. I have the Wiggins part but not the Hill.

Posted: 4 Jul 2006 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Lagrone, Dobbins
I saw your chat about Mamie Lagrone Hill. She is the granddaughter of Henry Clay Lagrone and Amanda Jane Dobbins. Amanda is the half-sister of my great-grandfather. I am trying to find some of Amanda's descendants. Are you part of this family?
Ruth Dobbins Bennett
fstop2@aol.com

Fred Potts (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2006 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: Potts Hughes Gee
I am looking for Potts children's graves from the 1870's in a Methodist Cemetary.

Thanks for the lookup
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions