Posted: 15 Aug 2000 9:20PM GMT
anyone with info on McClure's of
Sweethome reply,
have data back to Denny Hogue...

Re: McClures of Sweethome, Oregon

Jim McClure (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2001 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Mclure, Denny, Parrish
I came from Sweet Home OR. I have extensive information on the McClure Family that settled in Sweet home in 1852 after arriving in or arround Albany in 1851 from PA. I will be glad to share info with you.

Lori McClure (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2001 2:02AM GMT
If this is who I think it is, High Uncle Jim, hows Maggie?
Have you had a chance to check out the history I have so far?I,m sure there are many mistakes you can help me with.
write soon,Lori

thomas mcclure (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2002 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McClure, Denny, Hogue
I am a descendent of Denny Hogue McClure and Pernina
Colget Parrish, who is buried in Sweet Home cemetary.
Information about the McClure and Parrish line is in
Ancestry.com by smwalls@charter.net Does your info
reach beyond Denny McClure in PA to Scotland? A
Linda McClure Wiley of Salem OR sent me a Pioneer diary
of Edward Evans Parrish, published by Weber. Please reply.

thomas mcclure (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2002 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: McClure, Denny, Hogue
I am a direct descendant of Denny Hogue McClure and
Pernina Colget McClure buried in the Sweethome OR
cemetary. Do you have a copy of a diary of Edward Evans
Parrish which was published by Webber?

Posted: 23 Apr 2003 3:54PM GMT
Surnames: McClure
Lori: Tried to contact you at both qwest and msn--messages returned. Please contact me at www.dandlwiley@msn.com" target="_blank">www.dandlwiley@msn.com. Denny and Pernina were my 2nd great grandparents through their son Jesse William.

Linda McClure Wiley
Salem, OR

Edward Evans McClure b. Sept. 30, 1842 West Virginia d. June 22, 1902 Hay Creek, Or. obituary

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 10:45PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: McClure, Parrish, Hill
I found an obituary for Edward Evans McClure. I thought it might be interesting, if you don't have it.

The Oregonian
June 26, 1902

E.E. McCLURE’S DEATH
Widely-Known Pioneer Passes Away in Crook County

Edward Evans McClure, a pioneer of 1851, who died on June 22, at Hay Creek, Crook County, was a well-known pioneer. While his final illness was only of three days’ duration, yet he had not been in robust health for several years. Not being given to making complaints, he went about his business with a cheerful spirit, and always had a pleasant word for any acquaintance, and an especially warm place in his heart and sympathies for old pioneers. He was born at New Martinsville, Tyler county, in what is now West Virginia, on September 30, 1842, and came with his parents across the plains to Oregon in 1851, and settled at Albany that fall, when there were but six families besides his own there. Mr. McClure descended from Scotch-Irish stock. His ancestors were among the earliest settlers in Western Pennsylvania, and a number of them occupied positions of high honor and trust in that region. His father, Denny Hogue McClure being a most excellent mechanic and builder, young Edward very naturally selected the same vocation and followed it for many years. In 1867 he was married to Miss Elizabeth Margaret Hill, a daughter of Nevin Hill, a pioneer of 1853, who was an uncle to Hon. W. Lair Hill, so well known in legal circles.

In 1870 Mr. McClure removed from Albany to Portland, and soon afterwards was made superintendent of construction for the river service of the Oregon Steam Navigation Company. During the 15 years he was thus employed, he had large numbers of men under his supervision. By his tact, uniform courtesy and consideration, he avoided all friction with those under him, and was always able to secure the best service possible for his company. After he resigned his position, he engaged in the lumber business for several years.

Opportunity offering to resume his former vocation, he engaged in construction work in various localities, and about five years ago he was in British Columbia following the same pursuit. In 1900 he was made superintendent of construction by the Central Navigation & Construction Company. He had private interests in the vicinity of Hay Creek, and was there examining into his affairs at the time of his death. Mr. McClure’s mother was a daughter of Rev. Edward Evans Parrish, who came to Oregon from Ohio in 1844, and settled in Parrish’s Gap, Linn County. Intelligence, industry and integrity were the watchwords of Mr. McClure’s life, and he will be sadly missed by those who have the privilege of being counted among his friends.

I am not related. I am posting this article for research purposes.
Eellitta

Re: Edward Evans McClure b. Sept. 30, 1842 West Virginia d. June 22, 1902 Hay Creek, Or. obituary

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: McClure, Parrish
Thanks for posting this one, Eelitta! I have one from the Prineville paper but it is a little hard to read the copy.

Linda McClure Wiley
Email (without spaces): oregontrail1851 @ yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic