Search for content in message boards

Missouri Winters Family

Missouri Winters Family

Mike Winters (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2000 11:22AM GMT
I grew up in central missouri and My father
was Richard C. Winters. My mother was Helen
Winters(Brand). I am looking for family connections. My grandfather was Wesley Winters I believe.

Winters

Mike (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 8:51PM GMT
Just wanted to say that my name is also Mike Winters. Thought it was interesting!

Winters in Missouri

Posted: 11 Feb 2001 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:51PM GMT
My great great Grandfather Louis Winter lived in Imperial Missouri Jefferson County . He had 7 children,Arthor, Edward, Oletha,Elenor,Clara, Woodrow and one more can't think of the name right now. I dont know if he had siblings this could be a connection for you . LMK Michelle

Louis Winters

MIke Winters (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2001 10:09PM GMT
My Great grandfather was a Louis Holloway
winters and my grandfather was Wesley winters
and he was born in Eungene mo. Thanks anyway.

Wesley Winters

Posted: 7 Jun 2001 7:57AM GMT
Edited: 16 Dec 2002 9:31PM GMT
Interesting connection, though I may be grasping at straws. My Winters line, tracing back, goes from IA to MN to IL to IN to KY, with a brief period in Saskatchewan; I cannot find anything beyond that. However, there were several references to a MO connection, and stories of my ancestors visiting relatives in MO. The interesting part is that many of the male children were, either first or middle names, named after an older relative. My father's name was Gordon Wesley Winters, b. 09-10-1912 in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, (Grandfather homesteaded there from @ 1905 to 1915), and d. 06-01-1971 in IA. I would be pleased to send what I have in a GEDCOM file if you are interested in comparing research. Please let me know.

Re: Wesley Winters

Lauri Winters (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 2001 1:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Winters
Where in Iowa are your Winters connections? My husband's family was from Cedar County and Floyd County. Lauri Winters

Re: Missouri Winters Family

Posted: 1 Nov 2001 1:46PM GMT
Edited: 16 Dec 2002 9:31PM GMT
Surnames: WINTERS
Most of my dad's adult life was in Webster, (Fort Dodge), and Boone, (Bonne, Ogden), counties. I'd like to exchange GEDCOM files to see if there is a connection.

Re: Missouri Winters Family

esther winters (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2002 11:30PM GMT
Mike, I have a Aaron Wesley Winters b 31 March 1879 s/o Ruben Winters and Rhoda Lulcinda Bolinger. Was probably born around the Lanagan, Mo. area. Does this match your Wesley? Esther
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions