Search for content in message boards

Cousins

Cousins

Ben Coogle (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morgan, Price, Coffin, Huddy, Williams
My gggggGrandfather was a physician in Bridgend, Glamorganshire and his brother in law was Richard Price. My ggggGrandfather was George Cadogan Morgan who attended Cambrige university, he was born in 1754 and settled as a unitarian minister in Norwich at about the age of 25. He founded a seminary near London, After his early death the family decided to emigrate to America and one daughter married Luke Ashburner and went to India. One son,William went out to India also as a solicitor. I am in hope of finding cousins. George C. Morgan married Ann Hurry

Coffin

Barb Lavin (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coffin
Hi Barbara
I too am a Coffin descendant - thru Tristram in Nantucket
but isn't he English and not welsh?

BarbL

Coffin

Barbara Coffin Allen (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coffin from Massachusetts
You mentioned the surname Coffin. Do you know the branch of that family to whom you are related? I am a Coffin.

Tristram

Barb Lavin (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coffin
LOL
yes thru Nantucket - thru his son Tristram
small world :o)

How did you make a Welsh connection??

Coffin, Tristam

Posted: 31 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Oct 2001 8:31AM GMT
Another descendant through Nantucket.

Re: Coffin

Pat Andersen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: Coffin,Little,Stevens,Greenleaf
Hi there: Saw your note on Tristram Coffin. I too am related to Tristram Coffin Jr. born 1632 in London, England, Died 1680 in Newbury, MA. Married Judith Greenleaf. They had a daughter Lydia who married Moses Little. I have the Coffin family tree from England.

Also have tristan Coffin, Sr. Born in 1609 and who married Dinah Stevens.

Sound like any you have in your genealogy? Pat

Pat Andersen (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 5:34PM GMT
Surnames: Coffin,Little,Stevens,Greenleaf
Hi there: Saw your note on Tristram Coffin. I too am related to Tristram Coffin Jr. born 1632 in London, England, Died 1680 in Newbury, MA. Married Judith Greenleaf. They had a daughter Lydia who married Moses Little. I have the Coffin family tree from England.

Also have tristan Coffin, Sr. Born in 1609 and who married Dinah Stevens.

Sound like any you have in your genealogy? Pat

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 6:06PM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2003 8:20PM GMT
Pat, Could you share the Tristram history in England please?!

Bob

Trish Andersen (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2001 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Coffin,Noyes,Little,Dole,Noyes,Greenleaf
Tristram Coffin, Jr. was born 1632 in London England and died 02-04-1703. Married Judith greenleaf who was also born in Lodon in 1628. I have no record of her death date. I do have a copy of the Coffin Famil Tree from England and it is all diagramed out and quite lengthy. Would be happy to send it to you.
Tristram Coffin Sr. was born in 1609 and died in 1681. He married Dinah Stevens.
Elizabeth Coffin was born in 1634, died in 1678 and married Stephen Greenleaf in 1651. He was born 1628 and died 1690, both in England.
Greenleaf's eventually came to Newburyport, MA and Elizabeth married Thomas Noyes 04-19-1677. She was born 1668 and Thomas Noyes 1648 and died 04-24-1730. Their son Joseph was born 1688, all of them in MA.
Lydia Coffin married Moses Little in MA. They had six children, John, Tristram, Sarah, Mary, Elizabeth andMoses.
Their son Tristram Little married Sarah Dole.
I have so much more but right now have too many things on my platter, so to speak. Will remember later and get back to you then. Trish

Re: Tristram

Trish Andersen (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2001 10:03PM GMT
I too am related to Tristram Coffin from London, England and on into the U.S. in Newburyport,MA. I have the Coffin family tree from England and then marriages in the US besides. The name Tristram has come down through the ages and is still used to this day. Trish
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions