Search for content in message boards

Elam Connections

Posted: 9 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Aug 2002 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Belcher, Elam, Smith, Wyers, Colburn, Deason
Hiya...Believe John Elam is the same John Elam in Tuscaloosa, AL. in early 1800..Have a John S. Elam that may be father to my GGGrandfather Hiram Elam..John S. Elam was born about 1748 and married Polly W.Garner..Believe their children were Hiram, Henrette and John..Hiram was born 1805..He spent his entire life in Bibb Co..Henrette we believe stayed close to Tuscaloosa..John we believe moved South..Which places should we check out while we are in Covington..????

Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Elam
Hello! I am a descendant of John Ealum (Elam). He and his siblings Solomon and Happy Ann arrived in Butler Co somewhere around 1840. There is a chance that the John/Joel Elam that appears in the 1840 Lowndes CO. census is their father, but I have no definite proof. I would love to share more information with you about the Ealums of Lowndes, Butler and Covington CO.
Thanks,
Tonia Porter

Elam Connections

Edited: 3 Aug 2002 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: Elam, Belcher, Smith, Wyers
My brother and I are coming to Covington Co. next week to
research for lineage of Hiram Elam of Bibb Co., AL..
We understand that some of the Elams moved to Covington Co...We would appreciate any help we could get as to where to go and who to talk to..

Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Elams
John or Joel (it's hard to tell which one from the 1840 census) only appears that once. I believe it was in Lowndes. His children lived in Lowndes then moved to the Oakey Streak area of Butler Co. Solomon is buried there at Consolation Primitive Baptist Church. Solomon and his brother, John also lived in the Red Level area of Covington CO. John is supposed to be buried in an unmarked grave in Bushfield Cem in Cov. CO. Many of his children are buried there. Happy Ann married William Merchant and their family moved from Cov Co to Walton CO, FL then to Gadsden CO, FL. They are buried there. I would love to swap family info.

Thanks,
Tonia

Re: Elams

cindy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2003 7:42AM GMT
Surnames: Elams
Did you miss this in our local paper in the geneology forum?Do you live in Al?
http://www.andalusiastarnews.com/2alandalusia/inn_people/gen...

Re: Elam Connections

Posted: 17 Jun 2004 3:51PM GMT
The information I have is that Hiram Elam married Ruth Parker who was born in 1820 NC She died in 1871 buried in Kenard Cem. in West Blocton AL. One of their sons John Monroe Elam married an Elizabeth Little. One of their children Fannie Bell Elam Fikes is my great grandmother.

Re: Elam, Parker and Fikes Connections

Posted: 17 Jun 2004 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2004 1:34AM GMT
Surnames: ELAM, PARKER,FIKES
I saw your post and thought I would let you know that Herman Dawson Belcher, Sr., passed away Oct. 22, 2003. Hiram ELAM and Ruth PARKER are also my ancestors. If you care to exchange information you can contact me at JacqueOtts@aol.com
If you are also researching FIKES, you might want to check the Bibb Co., AL, web site.

Jacque

Herman Belcher

Posted: 17 Jun 2004 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Fikes, Brewer, Palmer, Butler
Jacque,

Thank you for the note about Herman Belcher. What a sad bit of news. Herman was a great researcher and his many contributions to family research was a treasure. He will be missed.

Diane Scannell
researching (or interested in) Fikes, Brewer, Palmer, Butler and others in GA, AL, and MS.

Re: Elam Connections

Posted: 22 May 2005 3:00AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic