Search for content in message boards

James Hamilton Carroll

James Hamilton Carroll

Kate Bowling (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2000 11:05AM GMT
Information I have is that James Hamilton Carroll born in Drumgoolin, County Louth, Irland in 1754. Married to Mary Bellow. children were Elizabeth, James, John, Thomas Benjamin, and Frances. James H. Died in North Carolina. James Hamilton has a ggrandson that in abt 1947 erected a stone at the cemetery in Louth village to his grandfather. That ggrandson's name was James Marmion Gilmor Carroll. Trying to locate James marmion or anyone who may have info on James Hamilton or Mary Bellow. Believe Mary Bellows father's name was John

James Hamilton Carroll - Elizabeth

Posted: 5 Jun 2000 6:23PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:19AM GMT
Looking for Elizabeth Caroll b. 3 Jan. 1796. Married John Canady and moved to Ga. in late 1820. Canady Bible list her father as Jimmy Carroll. Could this be the same Elizabeth?

Elizabeth Carroll

Kate Bowling (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2000 8:09PM GMT
I have an Elizabeth Carroll born Jan 13, 1789 in County Louth Ireland. Unfortunately I have no information as to who she married. do you know where your Elizabeth came from?

Elizabeth Carroll

Posted: 6 Jun 2000 4:25PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 2:19AM GMT
My Elizabeth Carroll b. 3 Jan. 1796 state unknown. She and John Canady moved from Dark Corners, S. C. in late 1820 to Dark Corners, Ga. This info was in the Canady Bible along with her father's name. Before her arrival in Ga. I have no other info. Thanks

Re: Elizabeth Carroll

Patricia R. Causey (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2001 6:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for an Elizabeth Carroll who married a John Kennedy and had Wiley Harrison Kennedy in 1832 in Douglas Co, Ga. (used to be Carroll Co. and Campbell Co.). Harrison Kennedy married Martha Dorris in 1853 and died in 1856. She married again to Winfrey Rickerson in 1859. This information is from a Rickerson family website. Elizabeth would be my GGG grandmother. I did find a John Canady in Carroll County, but I am not sure this is him because the spelling of Kennedy is so different. I found an Elizabeth Carroll born in 1789 on a Carroll family site, but it shows her as dying in 1890. I wonder if your Elizabeth and John are the right ones. I could not find the town you mentioned on the list of Ga. towns.

Thanks,
Pattie

Patricia R. Causey (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2001 2:04AM GMT
I put a message on earlier about trying to find Elizabeth Carroll and John Kennedy who had a son, Wiley Harrison Kennedy, in 1832 in Douglas Co. (used to be Carroll and Campbell Counties). Since then I have checked the Campbell Co. census and I am pretty sure your Elizabeth Carroll and John Canady lived there. I found Dark Corner, listed as a township in Campbell County in the 1870 census! I found John Canady on the 1830 census in Campbell Co. age 30-40 with 4 male children and 3 female children and a wife age 30-40 (also an older female living with them). Three names above him on the census is Caleb Canady 50-60 with a wife 50-60 and 9 children. I wonder if this could be his father? In the 1840 Campbell census I found only a John Kenady (mis-spelled?) In 1850 I found Elizabeth Canady, age 60, living with George Ann 15 and John 16. In 1860 I found Elizabeth Canady, born in S.C., age 66 with John 25, Alfred 15, and Benjamin 13. In 1870 she was listed as 75, living with two people that worked on her farm, next door to John Canady age 23, wife Hester age 25, and their daughter Ella, age 7. There are a couple of younger John Canadys at different times in Campbell Co., maybe her son or another relative. Since Harrison Kennedy was born In Campbell or Carroll, and his parents had the same names except for the spelling of Kennedy, John and Elizabeth Canady are probably his parents. Do you have any other information in the Canady Bible?

Posted: 25 Nov 2001 3:45PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2003 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Dorris
I have a little info on the Dorris name, including the DAR, if you wish, although I am uncertain of a connection to your Martha Dorris!

Pattie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2001 8:06PM GMT
David,
Thanks for replying! I would appreciate any information you can give me on the Dorris family, if it's not too much trouble. If you want me to e-mail my address to you I will.

Thanks!
Pattie Causey

Re: James Hamilton Carroll

Posted: 19 Apr 2004 5:59AM GMT
I am also looking for info about James Hamilton Carroll/Carrell, I believe you are right about Mary's father's name being John. If you would like I can send you the info I have on that. I am very interested in finding out who James's father was. If there's any way I can help just let me know.

Jonathon H. Carrell
jhc_82@yahoo.com

Re: James Hamilton Carroll

Posted: 6 May 2013 4:57PM GMT
James Marmion Gilmor Carroll was born on 23 October 1884.
He is the son of Vincent Stannus Carroll and Catherine Mary McGivney.He married Helena Hearn, daughter of Patrick Hearn, on 21 June 1916. She died on 11 March 1954.James died on 1 September 1962 at age 77.

James Marmion Gilmor Carroll was educated at St. Augustine's College, Ramsgate, Kent, England. He was decorated with the award of Knight of Honour & Devotion, Sovereign Military Order of Malta in 1947. He was decorated with the award of Cross of Merit (1st class with Crown) in 1953. He was decorated with the award of Knight, Order of St. Gergory the Great (K.S.G.) in 1955. He was decorated with the award of Bailiff Grand Cross, Soveriegn Military Order of Malta in 1957. He was chairman of P. J. Carroll & Company Ltd.1 He was chairman of T. P. & R Goodbody (1929) Ltd. He lived at Killineer House, County Louth, Ireland.

Child of James Marmion Gilmor Carroll and Helena Hearn:

Grace Maureen Catherine Carroll b. 24 Jun 1919
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions