Search for content in message boards

William Lilly, ON, Canada

William Lilly, ON, Canada

Jennifer Flegg (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2004 2:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lilly, Anderson, Lewis
seeking any info on the family of William Lilly found living in Tecumseth twp, Simcoe Co, Ontario, Canada.
1861 census, film #C-1074
Ward 3, pg 43, Lines 43-47
William Lilly Labourer born Ireland Methodist, 60 Widow
Henery Lilly Ireland Methodist 4
Robert F Lilly Ireland Methodist 2
James Lilly Ireland Methodist 2
Caroline Lewis born Canada West Methodist 14

Cannot find any sign of them in 1881. Some Lilly's in 1871, but not William. There is a William Lilly, living with Alexander Lilley in Tecumseth Twp, Simcoe Co, in 1881. That William is listed as age 89 (born 1792).
I seek these Lilly's, and most especially anything about Caroline Lewis. I beleive this is my gg grandmother. She was born 1847, just like my own gg grandmother.
My Caroline went on to be married to unknown ANDERSON. She was a mother and widow by 1868. She married my gg grandfather in Feb of 1869 in Bondhead, Simcoe Co.
They are found there in 1871 with Caroline's 2 children by her first marriage, both surnamed ANDERSON. (William Anderson, and Mary Ann Anderson, born 1864 and 1868)

Curiously, the very same family wherein I found the older William Lilley, born 1792, was in a household headed by an Alexander Lilley, and also contained
Mary A Anderson (widow) 23 yrs
Anna E Anderson (her daughter) 2
James A Anderson (her son) bornn Feb 1881

If the above Alexander is a son of William, which seems logical (even if I cannot jump to that conclusion), then it is curious that Alexander's daughter(guessing that Mary Anderson, included in the household is Alexander's daughter widowed early in life with 2 babies, and came back home for convenience) married an ANDERSON, when Caroline Lewis, who in 1861 seemed to be keeping house for William Lilly with either his kids, or grandkids in 1861, ALSO married an ANDERSON.
It looks like 2 Anderson's have been connected with the Lilly family as marriage's:
1 for Caroline Lewis, married between 1861 and 1864 roughly,
1 for Mary (nee?Lilley) married likely between 1874 and 1879.

So, seeking family connected to this family for a variety or reasons. Any interest, or questions, pls email me or post here and I will come read your message.
Thanks in advance,
Jennifer
(ps, posting on other spellings of Lilly too)

Re: William Lilly, ON, Canada

Posted: 18 Jun 2012 2:38AM GMT
I realize this is long after your post but, my grandmother was Mary Gladys Lilly. I have a lot of information on the Lilly/Baker families in Beeton, Ontario.

Her father was William Lilly and his wife was Eleanor Beatty. I am looking for the address of the original Lilly homestead on Lilly Road in Beeton. I am going there this month to search for it, I remember it as a child but haven't been there for many years.

Glenda Patterson (nee Baker)

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 7:56PM GMT
Glenda: Sorry but I am not related to any of the Lillys in Canada. Joe Lilly

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 2:16PM GMT
Hi
I just came upon your post while looking for information. M name is Suzanne lilly and William and Eleanor LILLY are my great grand parents. I was just at the homestead and took some pictures which are on my ancestry page if you would like access. Just yesterday, I was loaned 3 original letters from ELEANOR to her son HAROLD that I will be uploading shortly. If you have any pics r info to share I would be most grateful. Your email looks familiar to me. Perhaps we have 'met' on ancestry...REGARDS SUZANNE

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 2:26PM GMT
Hi Suzanne, I'm only on roots chat not on ancestry but you have been in touch with my cousin out west Joyce Stednyk. Can you email her for my email address - not sure I should post it on here - however I can pm you in rootschat. Mary Gladys Lilly was my grandmother. Was in Beeton this summer at the Beeton Union Cemetery and at my grandparents homestead - the Lilly House. Met the lovely ladies there. I'd love to see your pics. Nice to meet you - Glenda

ps will ask Joyce to send you my email addy :)

Posted: 1 Oct 2012 2:34AM GMT
Sorry that is not my family of Lillys. My family came from Md. and my grandparents came from Bavaria. Joe Lilly

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly
I have just discovered a Lilly connect in Beeton Ontario

Elizabeth Ann Lilly m Robert Mitchell in Toronto July 11,1834.

this is a Beeton Lilly

probably St Andrews Presbyterian Church, Beeton

Bryce from toronto

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 10:18PM GMT
Hi Bryce

'Your' Elizabeth is the sister of my ancestor, Alexander Lilly. She died at the age of 30 in 1840 (I am assuming in child birth) and I've been searching for her grave. I know Robert remarried and moved from Markham to Beeton after her death. Do you have any more info?

Suzanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions