Re: George Jacobs Sr.

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 11:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can you be a bit more clear what you are looking for? Ken

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: George Jacobs Sr.
Basically I'm looking for more confirmation that GJ Sr is my distant relative, or any additional info on him and his
lineage.

Thank you for responding.
Alexa

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: George Jacobs Sr.
Basically I'm looking for more confirmation that GJ Sr is my distant relative, or any additional info on him and his
lineage.

Thank you for responding.
Alexa

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Jacobs
Hmmm, documenting a lineage to George Jacobs Sr (ca. 1617-1692) is a process, which I am sure you know. Here is a link which provides a nice overview of him. www.findagrave.com/.../fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8639
More can be found in the Salem Witch Trial Archives at the Univ. of Virginia (online).
Sidney Perley's History of Salem, Mass. Vol III, has quite a bit about George and his family.

How far along are you in your research?

Ken

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Jacobs
I just found "Minutes for a Genealogy of George Jacobs, Senior, of Salem Village..." in the Historical Collections of the Essex Institute, Vol I, p. 52-55 by C.M. Endicott. This provides some genealogical info to the 5th generation.

However, you will want to work back in time to this information and depending upon how strict your documentation requirements are, you may want to find other independent authorities to validate/corroborate the research of Endicott.

However, you may find that your Jacobs line does not lead to George at all, there are other Jacobs in New England at this time.

Ken

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 3:27PM GMT
I am positive that I am a direct decendant og George Jacobs Sr. He was my 8th great-grandfather. My birth name was Jacobs and I can trace back father to father. Thank you for the info, I definitley will investigate.

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 3:35PM GMT
I am just beginning my research. Than you again for the additional info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions