Search for content in message boards

Overholt Cemetery

Overholt Cemetery

Michael (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 4:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ecker, Overholt
Can anyone tell me if records are available on burials in Overholt Cemetery? Thorold or Fonthill? An address of office or church there? Or headstone inscriptions? Henry Ecker d. 1874 and Charity (Overholt) Ecker, d.? Thanks.

Re: Overholt Cemetery

patricia (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2002 12:16PM GMT
i will write you tonite with the info

Posted: 6 May 2003 3:05PM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Edited: 26 May 2005 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Overholt
I would like the same information about Overholt Cemetary. We can't seem to find it in Fonthill. Any help would be appreciated.

Shirley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 2003 2:07AM GMT
Try this website for a listing.
C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\OLK2065\Overholt Family Cemetery1.htm

Posted: 8 Jul 2003 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2005 6:15PM GMT
Surnames: Overholt Acker Wills
what kind of information do you need? I just visited the cemetery a month ago

Re:

Chris Wills (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2003 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: Wills, Hansler, Dunn, Huber
just noticed your header. Are you by any chance related to Philip Wills of Wainfleet Twp. who allegedly married Phoebe Acker (ca.1840's)?

Ellen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2004 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Buchner, Smith
There is an Overholt Cemetery in Humberstone Twp, now the City of Port Colborne. I have the listings from OGS, and have been there quite often, I live about 10 mins from there. Are you still looking for someone?

Michael (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2004 4:55AM GMT
Yes, can you tell me if records are available on burials in Overholt Cemetery? Thorold Township? An address of office or church there? Or headstone inscriptions? Henry Acker/Ecker d. 1874 and Charity (Overholt) Acker/Ecker, d.? Thanks.

Ellen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2004 3:27PM GMT
The only inscription I can find in the Overholt Cemetery listings (in Humberstone Twp, now Port Colborne ) is:

ECKER/Cameron/died Feb 25,1920/Aged 36 years/ Margaret PAGE/his wife/died Feb17,1918/Aged 31 years.

Nothing listed as ACKER.

After much searching, I did notice that there is an Overholt Family cemetery in Thorold. I'm not familiar with this area but if you want I can look into it further and see if I can find an address.

Joe (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2004 10:34PM GMT
The Overholt Cemetery you mention in Thorold is on private property. It is located on the old Overholt homestead and I am not sure who owns the property now. as for a transcription, I beleive there was one done about 10 years ago with the owners permission. The OGS has a copy for sale $1.75..

http://people.becon.org/~nbogs/publist.htm#thorold
per page

Find a board about a specific topic