Search for content in message boards

DITTY, McNEIL, BAXTER, COONROD

DITTY, McNEIL, BAXTER, COONROD

Posted: 19 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 10:37AM GMT
Would like to exchange information with descendants of John D. DITTY and his wife Jane (maiden name unknown). They were from York & Chester Counties in South Carolina and migrated before 1866 to Jackson County, Florida via Lee County, Georgia (1860). Their known children were: James Isaac b.1844; Sarah Keziah “Sallie” b. abt 1846; John Lacey b abt. 1848; Henry Alexander b.1854; and Nathan b. aft 1860. It is uncertain if John DITTY came to Jackson County because his wife purchased land in 1868 from Silas GLADDEN, relationship if any unknown. It has been said by some in the family that John & Jane are buried at the Collins Cemetery in Malone, Florida but that their graves are unmarked.

I descend from James Isaac DITTY who married Miranda McNEAL 10 Jan 1867 in Jackson County, FL. James & Miranda are buried at the Collins Cemetery in Malone, Jackson, FL. Their graves are marked. They had one child, John Wesley DITTY who married Cynthia Jane COONROD, dau of John COONROD and Elizabeth Ann BAXTER.

Sarah Keziah “Sallie” DITTY married Andrew Madison COONROD 18 Feb 1866 in Jackson County, FL. Andrew Madison COONROD was the son of Joseph COONROD and his wife Hester (maiden name unknown). They had three sons: William Dennis COONROD; James Henry COONROD; and Benjamin Edgar COONROD. Sarah died 17 Aug 1877.

John Lacey DITTY - I have no additional information on him except he appears with his parents on the 1850 & 1860 census.

Henry Alexander DITTY married Sarah Elizabeth “Lizzy” ANDERSON 19 Dec 1878 in Jackson County, FL. They had five sons: Lacy Alexander DITTY; Joseph W. DITTY; Wesley DITTY; James Cleveland DITTY; and Anderson DITTY.

Nathan DITTY - Never married but was engaged when he died at about age 30.

The grandfather of John D. DITTY, James DITTY Sr. was in York Co., South Carolina by 1790 and was an immigrant from IRELAND. Does anyone know where in Ireland? I have been compiling information on these families for a number of years and would like additional information on descendants.

McNeil

Whit Gainey (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gainey, Odom, McNeil, Bass
My grandmother was Mary Ann McNeil, b 1881, dau. of Joseph
McNeil, b 1850, and Lavicy (Vicy) Baxter. They lived in the
Jackson and/or Washington county area. I understand Joseph
had two brothers. I do not have names and don't know if there were other family members.

searching

Davida R. Siwisa (maiden McNeil) (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McNeil, Merrick
Searching for information on my maternal grandfather - Joseph McNeil, who travelled to Florida from Cuba (not sure if he was Cuban (probably 1910-1920). Met and married or fathered children by a Hattie Merrick (my grandmother).

any connections out there??!!

McNeal

Whit Gainey (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
My gg father, Joseph McNeal maried my gg mother in 1869 and as far as I know he lived with her until his death. I know his tombstone is beside hers in a cemetery near Pansy, AL.

Re: DITTY, McNEIL, BAXTER, COONROD

Posted: 15 Jul 2002 12:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2003 4:50PM GMT
Does anyone have any info on the Coonrods who lived in York and Chester Counties in South Carolina?

R. Watson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2002 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Coonrod, Conrad
Yes - I have a good bit of information concerning the Coonrod/Conrad Family from York & Chester County SC - what is your connection?

Posted: 15 Jul 2002 5:07PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2003 4:50PM GMT
My Great Grand Mother was married to John Coonrod.I am searching for info on him and their Daughter, and trying to find out who her grandparents were. Can you help?

Posted: 27 Oct 2002 11:43PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2005 11:32AM GMT
Thank you very much for the very information I needed.
I am a descendant of Benjamin Edgar Coonrod (Conrad is how it is called today). I was in a quandry about Sarah Ditty or Sarah Floyd.

Thanks for answering my question. All of Granddaddy Ben's children are too old to remember just exactly what their grandmother's maiden name was. Although several of them are still living and very lucid in conversation.

Thanks again.Wanda McLemore

Posted: 28 Oct 2002 2:01PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2004 11:51AM GMT
Surnames: Ditty, McNeil, Baxter, Coonrod
I have a new email address: rwats@knology.net
Still researching Ditty, McNeil, Baxter, & Coonrod

Re: McNeil

Posted: 5 Dec 2003 4:32AM GMT
Whit, Your Grandmother Levicy, I have her as Vicy Jane, is the sister to my G-Grandmother Nancy Elizabeth Baxter, she married John W. Parish and also lived south of Pansey. She is buried in the Liberty Baptist Church cemetery in Pansey, but there isn't a tombstone. What cemetery is your Grandmother buried in? I would like to exchange information with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions