Search for content in message boards

PUGH, REED, PLANK,

PUGH, REED, PLANK,

Dr. Don Pugh (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
John PUGH was a "regular enterer" in McMinn County about 1820 but census records of his children indicate he was in TN from at least 1800. Any indications of where he may have been prior to the 1820 date would be appreciated. No record exists of wife or wives. This family was closely associated with the PLANK family and two of John Pugh's children married REEDS. Any information about this family would be appreciated.

PUGH, PLANK, REED

Dr. Don Pugh (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
There is no doubt that you are related. I have been trying to contact you for a year or two but was unable to get your address. I will be happy to share information regarding our common ancestors in MCMinn County. I will be contacting you directly.

PUGH

Rebecca Locke (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
I don't know if this will be helpful to you, but I am the great-granddaughter of John H. and Rebecca Moore Pugh. In the 1900 Census, they were living in Rhea County, Tennessee but I believe lived in McMinn and/or Meigs County at some point. John H. Pugh was born in May 1849. They had five children: Warren, b. 1875; Walter, b. 1880; Alta, b. 1880; Ernest (my grandfather), b.1883; and Ada, b. 1886. If you have any additional information, I would appreciate it as I have no records of John H. or Rebecca Moore's parents. Thanks so much!

PUGH, REED

Don Pugh (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am eagerly awaiting your material. You can send it directly to me. I would like to have the documentation for the burial. I have other information regarding a possible burial site for John Pugh. Good luck in SC.
Posted: 28 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2002 2:13AM GMT
Don: Am not working on Pugh family in McMinn Co Tn but have some info. I have a John Pugh b 1776 Va and died in 1859 and buried Calhoun Cem at Calhoun Tn McMinn Co. He had by my data base 14 children. Have most of their birth dates and who married. They are connected to my Plank and Thomas line. Just got back from Red Cross Hurricane Watch in SC and probably will be gone again this weekend. I'll get back to you. BUCK

PUGH

C. Deutsch (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I'm not sure if the PUGH family I am researching lived in McMinn Co. The name was Cecil Pugh, d Terre Haute, IN m: Emily Sturdivant (b 1902 d 1925). They had three children. The youngest a son was born 10 days before his mother died. He supposedly was adopted by a family named BLACK. The names of the other two children were Opal and Joyce. If you have any information on these children, it will be appreciated. Thanks

Reed / Pugh

Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 11:20AM GMT
Surnames: Reed, Pugh
Thanks for sharing this bit of Reed history with me. What was the name of John Henry Reed and Eliza Pugh's only son? Do you know when he was born or what ever became of him?

Pugh's married Reeds

Don Pugh (View posts)
Surnames: Pugh, Reed, Plank
Eliza PUGH and Johnathan F. PUGH, both residents of McMinn County, married REED family members. I don't know if the Reeds were from one family, or not. I have just speculated, based on the ages, that Elizabeth REED may have been the daughter of John Henry REED by an earlier marriage. Eliza PUGH married John Henry REED, said to have been a hatter, b. 1784 in NC and d. after 1870. This was said to have been a tumultuous marriage, REED was said to have deserted the family without leaving anything, not even firewood, according to their only son. Johnathan F. PUGH married Elizabeth Reed, b. 1822, TN, and died Nov. 1860 from complications of the breast.
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 11:20AM GMT
Surnames: Reed, Reid
I noticed that you said 2 of John Pugh's children married Reed's. Do you happen to the names of these Reed's you were refering to?

Fleming (Flemmon) Reed

Don Pugh (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reed
Fleming Reed, b 19 Dec 1842 in Bradley County, TN married Mary Jane Weir in McMinn County 21 Sep 1865. He died 5 Jul 1924 in McMinn County. They had several children: Eliza, Amanda, William Franklin, Sarah and Henry. He served in the Union Army in the 5th Infantry during the Civil War.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic