Search for content in message boards

Stewart

Posted: 25 Feb 2004 3:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart, Nelson
William Stewart was born 1840 and died 14.02.1919 in Kilmarnock. He married Margaret McDonald Nelson 30.04.1873. I am trying to trace his ancestors.

Re: Stewart

Margaret Blake (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2004 1:20AM GMT
Hi Elizabeth
I can't tell you how excited I am to find someone looking for these two people they are my gg grandparents. Their daughter Wilhelmina was my g grandmother and Margaret her daughter was my grandmother.I have been trying for years to to find someone researching them.I don't have much information on the Stewart side what I can tell you is Williams parents were William Stewart and Ann Rayburn and I have nothing on the other siblings or on the Nelson side I can give you information on recent descendents if you wish .Hope to hear from you soon and who are you related to?
From sunny Adelaide Australia Margaret Blake
Posted: 1 Mar 2004 5:32PM GMT
Hello Margaret, Yes we are related. William Stewart who married Ann Rayburn is my gg grandfather. His son William who married Margaret Nelson had a son John who was my grandfather on my mother's side. I knew there was a daughter Williamina but did not know anything about her. Please e-mail me with whatever details you have and I will return with mine.
From a small island on the west coast of Scotland where there are no cars or roads.
Elizabeth

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 8:34PM GMT
Hello All,
I am the great-grandson of William Stewart(1840-1919). My name is also William Stewart( B.1945), my dad was William Sands Stewart (1914-1997), my grandfather was Robert Wilson Stewart(1886-1956). I have a copy of William's death certificate on which his parents were JOHN Stewart(1801-1881) and Ann Reyburn (1804-1875). I have some excellent details on my website on the Stewart family going back to 1801 but the details of Williamina and John are welcome news to me. Visit http://wsstewart.tribalpages.com. If you need more details please contact me through tribalpages.
Regards to all, Bill ( William Sands Stewart)

Posted: 21 Apr 2013 8:40AM GMT
Surnames: Ra(e)yburn Stewart Conner
Hi Bill

My partner Beth Stewart is the 4 times great grand daughter of John Stewart and Ann Reyburn she descends from there son John who married Sarah Conner.
I tried to look at your website but for some reason it wouldnt load, Beth and I would be very interested in looking at if you still have it up.

Best wishes

Peter Briggs and Beth Stewart
Brisbane Qld Australia

Re: Stewart & Reyburn

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: REYBURN
Hi

I was interested in your mention of Ann Reyburn as it's not a surname that comes up much on the list. Do you know who Ann's parents were or when/where she was born? My gt gt gt grandmother was a Janet Reyburn who married Hugh Parker in 1814, she had a number of brothers who had children.

Regards
Kerrie
NSW

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 5:45AM GMT
Surnames: Reyburn
HI Kerrie

Ann Reyburn was born on the 1oth July 1804 in Kilmarnock in Ayrshire Scotland, she was the daughter of Adam Reyburn and Mary Hill who married on the 26 Jun 1802 in Kilmarnock. Other children to the marriage were James Adam John Mary Robert and William

Ann died in 1875 but I dont have an exact date for her death atm.

The only Janet REyburn we have in our tree was born in 1871 and died in 1855 and she was the daughter of James Rryburn and Ann Connell and who was a sister to the Adam Reyburn mentioned above but if she married in 1814 it may not be the same Janet Reyburn that you descend from.

If you would like to email me offsite my email is briggspeter at hotmail dot com

Cheers

Pete
Posted: 6 Jun 2013 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart & Reyburn
Hello Peter & Beth,
Sorry about that. Please feel free to visit my main site on tribalpages.com where I have a wealth of detail. The password is "helensmith". Do you have any info on John & Ann's marriage - I can't find it - so far. Or their son William's birthdate/place. Or you can email me direct on wstewart76mcATtalktalkDOTnet for discussion.
Cheers
Bill

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart & reyburn
Hello, Ann died on December 3rd 1875 at 8 Nelson Street, Kilmarnock. ..
The death certificate's no. is 597/00 0701.

Bill, Ann's great great grandson.
Posted: 12 Jul 2013 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: STEWART
Hello Peter, Try again . To enter the tribalpages site enter "HELENSMITH" as password. I'm wstewart76mcATtalktalkDOTnet.
Cheers
Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions