Search for content in message boards

Braun family of Nordheim am main

Braun family of Nordheim am main

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 1:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Braun, Kordiwich, Volkmuth
I am trying to find information regarding Josepha Dorthea Braun of Nordheim, on the Main River, Germany. She was born in 1873 to Matthaus Braun and Martha Theresia Kordowich. Her paternal grandparents were Balthasar Braun and Margareta Vollkmuth. Can someone tell me where Nordheim is located (there appears to be more than one in Germany.). Since Josepha ended up marrying and living in Laudenbach, I assume her Nordheim is nearby. Also any information regarding any of the surnames I have mentioned would be appreciated.

Re: Braun family of Nordheim am main

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:27PM GMT
oth places are in the state of Baden-Württemberg, just 50 miles apart from each other. I guess the Brauns mentioned here and a Dorothea Kram née Kordowich are relatives. They were born and (partly) died in Nordheim. You can ask the auther for more detaisl about thoses Brauns free of charge (death notices):

http://www.familienanzeigen.org/totzauswahl.php?Gort=Nordhei...

Good luck.

Gaby

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 2:35PM GMT
As far as I know a lot of civil records are online. You'd better pout a query on teh board for Baden-Württemberg and someone will be able to advise you.

Good luck.

Gaby (Nordrheim-Westfalen)

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 6:30PM GMT
Thanks so much! I will put a notice on the Baden Wutemburg board. I appreciate your help.

Deborrah

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 12:15PM GMT
Hello Gaby,

Can you tell me how to get more information regarding the Dorothe Kram, nee Kordowich, that you mentioned earlier in your email.

I appreciate your kind help since I do not speak German.

Thank you,
Deborrah

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:13PM GMT
Since I wrote you last, I figured out how to read the website , the link of which you sent me, so I was able to contact the author for more details regarding Dorothea Kram, nee Kordowich. Thank you so much for your kind assistance.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:23PM GMT
The link I sent doesn't work any more. Her your Josefa Braun ist listed. If the person who has the death notice does not aswer (maybe she does not speak English?), let me know.

I'll contact her anyway, I think.

did I sent this link?http://www.familienanzeigen.org/detailstotenzettel.php?ID=23...

I'd be happy to help you.

Gaby

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:56PM GMT
Hello Deborrah,

I sent an email to the address of the person who has those death notices and asked also for the other Brauns from Nordheim and the two otehr names that you mention.

Looking at the record you have Josepha's date of birth and death now. I guess she is the right person

As soon as I have an answer I'll let you know and translate the death notices for you if you like.

Gaby

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 6:21PM GMT
Dear Gaby,

Thank you so much! I am at such a disadvantage not speaking German. I appreciate your kindness and hope to be able to assist you sometime in the future.
Deborrah

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 7:58AM GMT
Deborrah,

after doing some online research I'm afraid I must make a correction. this Nordheim is in the state of Bayern (Bavaria). Please post your query on that board.

Sorry for the wrong info.

Gaby
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions