Search for content in message boards

Folpmers

Posted: 19 Aug 2002 8:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Folpmers, Pool, deHoll
My great grandmothers (sisters) were Gesiene Aleida Frederica Folpmers and Henrietta Theodora Folpmers. They were born in Germany, but married 2 Dutchmen. Gesiene married Heinrich Ricardus Glasius deHoll and Henrietta married Hendrik Pool.

Hendrik and Henrietta emigrated to the US in the 1880's, Henricus and Gesiene had a son, Henricus who emigrated to the US in 1896.

Re: Folpmers

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 6:07PM GMT
Carol,
I'm not sure what your question is, but this is what I could find for you on internet. Found it on www.genlias.nl (in Dutch and English) and www.ryksargyf.org (only in Dutch)
All the places are in the Netherlands. As you will read Gesina and Henriëtte aren't born in Germany. But I believe that their family origins may be in Germany.
I wrote the names as found in the concerning certificate.
Jacqueline.

-----------

Jacob Folpmers married Jantje Lucas Donga.
(some of?) Their children: see numbers 1-2.

1.Folpmer Jacobs Folpmers, son of Jacob Folpmers and Jantje Lucas Donga. Married Dec 15 1830 Groningen (prov. Groningen), to Henriette Meijeringh, daughter of Heinrich Theodor Moritz Meijeringh and Gesina Busman.
(some of?) Their children: see numbers 11-16.

2.Jan Folpmer, b.Sep 7 1810 Groningen, son of Jacob Folpmer and Jantje Lucas Donga. Married Nov 16 1845 Groningen, to Pieterke Jans Bunninga, b.Jul 22 1814 Farmsum (Delfzijl), daughter of Jan Jacobs Bunninga and Elizabeth Pieters.

3.Jacob Folpmers, b.Nov 16 1811 Groningen, son of Jacob Folpmers and Jantje Lucas Donga. Married May 24 1838 Groningen, to Grietje Bulsing, b.Jun 3 1801 Zaandam, daughter of Jan Antoni Bulsing and Barbera de Winter.

11.Johanna Jacoba Folpmers, b.Jul 28 1831 Hemelumer Oldeferd (prov. Friesland), daughter of Folpmer Jacobs Folpmers and Henriette Meyrings. Married Mar 7 1863 Hemelumer Oldeferd, to Cornelis de Holl.

12.Gesina Aleida Frederika Folpmers, b.Dec 16 1833 Hemelumer Oldeferd, daughter of Folpmer Jacobs Folpmers and Henriette Meyeringh. Married Aug 5 1859 Hemelumer Oldeferd, to Henricus Reinhardus de Holl.
(some of?) Their children: see numbers 121-125.

13.Martina Folpmers, b.Dec 1 1838 Hemelumer Oldeferd, daughter of Folpmer Jacobs Folpmers and Henriette Meyering.

14.Jacob Folpmers, b.Nov 6 1840 Hemelumer Oldeferd, son of Folpmer Jacobs Folpmers and Henriette Meyeringh.

15.Henriette Theodora Mauritia Folpmers, b.Nov 5 1845 Hemelumer Oldeferd, daughter of Folpmer Jacobs Folpmers and Henriette Meyeringh.

16.Regina Dorothea Folpmers, b.Sep 28 1850 Hemelumer Oldeferd, daughter of Folpmer Jacobs Folpmers and Henrietta Meyering. Married to Johan Coenraad Houwert, b.Jun 1 1834 Medemblik, d.Apr 28 1916 Dwingeloo (prov. Drenthe), son of Klaas Houwert and Sophie Frederica Sigerist.
(some of?) Their children: see numbers 161-164.

121.Margaretha Anna de Holl, b.Jul 14 1860 De Huizen (Hoogeveen, prov. Drenthe), d.Aug 17 1866 Huizen (Hoogeveen), daughter of Henricus Reinhardus de Holl and Gesina Aleida Frederika Folpmers.

122.Henriëtta de Holl, b.Apr 19 1862 Huizen (Hoogeveen), daughter of Henricus Reinhardus de Holl and Gesina Aleida Frederika Folpmers. Married Nov 10 1887 Utrecht, to Hendrik van den Briel, b.abt.1858 Ubbergen, son of Hendrik van den Briel and Henriette Louisa Delpierre.

123.Still-born child de Holl, b./d.May 9 1864 Huizen (Hoogeveen), son of Henricus Reinhardus de Holl and Gesina Aleida Frederika Folpmers.

124.Henricus Reinhardus Glasius de Holl, b.Jun 18 1868 De Huizen (Hoogeveen), son of Henricus Reinhardus de Holl and Gesina Aleida Frederika Folpmers.

125.Folpmer Jacob de Holl, b.Nov 2 1869 De Huizen (Hoogeveen), son of Henricus Reinhardus de Holl and Gesina Aleida Frederika Folpmers.

161.Nicolaas Christiaan Houwert, b.abt.1875 Medemblik, widower of Jacoba Cath. van Oostrom Soede, son of Johan Coenraad Houwert and Regina Dorothea Folpmers. Married Apr 4 1905 Arnhem (prov. Gelderland), to Louisa van Silfhout, b.abt.1884 Arnhem, daughter of Gerhardus Johannes van Silfhout and Maria Theodora Antoinetta Hermina Scholten.

162.Jacobus Houwert, b.abt.1882 Medemblik, son of Johan Coenraad Houwert and Regina Dorothea Folpmers. Married May 21 1918 Dwingeloo, to Rolina Lamberdina Johanna Eemten, b.abt.1886 Dwingeloo, daughter of Nicolaus Johannes Eemten and Evelina Regina Spandau.

163.Johan Gerard Houwert, b.abt.1885/1886 Medemblik, son of Johan Coenraad Houwert and Regina Dorothea Folpmers. Married Jul 31 1914 Dwingeloo, to Gezina Gerredina Eemten, b.abt.1886 Dwingeloo, d.before May 8 1920, daughter of Nicolaus Johannes Eemten and Evelina Regina Spandau.
After Gezina died Johan married the second time on May 8 1920 Dwingeloo, to Johanna Catharina Jacoba Spandau, b.abt.1879 Beilen, daughter of Hajo Albert Spandau and Anna Paulina Spandau.

164.Theodorus Martinus Houwert, b.abt.1888 Medemblik, son of Johan Coenraad Houwert and Regina Dorothea Folpmers. Married May 4 1916 Dwingeloo, to IJmkje van der Oudermeulen, b.abt.1886 Arum, daughter of Johannes van der Oudermeulen and Taetske Postma.

Joanne (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2002 5:13PM GMT
De Holl Henricus Reinhardus
Year 1895
Municipality: Uttrecht
Age 27
Religion: Baptist
Social Class: Well to do.
Reason for Emmigration: Economic Improvement
Destination: Louisville Kent.
Source Cd-269 Dutch in America 1820-1880

Posted: 10 Sep 2002 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Folpmers, Pool, de Holl
Thank you for the information! I knew much of it, but it's always good to have verification. Now if I could only find something about my great grandfather and grandmother - Hendrik Pool and Henriette Theodora Mauritia Folpmers. I know they emigrated from Holland in the late 1880's and that he was an architect, but I can't find anything about him and his ancestry. Thanks to Jacqueline I have much information about the Folpmers. Genlias.nl (Internet access to the Dutch archives) has so many Hendrik Pool's that it's been impossible to narrow it down, besides which the program is not complete.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions