Search for content in message boards

Bohane of Cork

Bohane of Cork

JOHN McALEER (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bohane, Lovette, Cadogan, Morahan
Interested in BOHANE, Daniel Bohane who married Mary Bohane
{ also nee Bohane.] cira 1830s.Who were the parents of Daniel and Mary.?
Issue of Daniel and Mary were Bridget, Timothy, John,
Michael, Patrick and Daniel.Their Aunts were Catherine and Hanora Bohane, but from which side of the family I do not know.Catherine Bohane married Thomas Morahan in Australia.
The children of Daniel and Mary Bohane came to Australia { except for Michael], Hanora Bohane also came to Australia.
Timothy Bohane married Hanora Lovette

Bohane

Maggie Jenlins (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bohane, Hegerty, Driscoll, Carthy
Hi,
One of my family names is Bohane[mother's maiden name]from Killderry Skibbereen Co.Cork [farmers].Presently back to 1867.Still searching~any possible links?

Bohane of Cork

Susan Curley Spitzer (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bohane, Hussey, Curley, Cunniffe, Gunning, Nash, Harrington, Lennon, Molloy, McGeehan, Crilly, Farrell, McHugh, Gallagher, Foley, Kiveney
John,

I just came across your posting on Rootsweb & was hoping to make a connection with Catherine BOHANE.
Here's a copy of my posting to the Cork list - please advise if anything coincides with yours!
~"~"~"~"~"~"~"~"
I recently received this info from The Holy Trinity Church in Ballinspittle in the Cork & Ross Diocese.

Margaret Bohane b. ??, m. James HUSSEY, d. 1879/1880 in childbirth.

Her sisters were: MARY & CATHERINE, & her brother was FRANCIS BOHANE.

Margaret & James’ children were:
~Robert HUSSEY b. January 17, 1875; baptismal sponsors were: Francis BOHANE & Anne COUGHLAN; immigrated to Brooklyn, New York circa 1891; married a woman named Cecila; both are buried in Holy Cross Cemetery in Brooklyn, NY.
~Mary HUSSEY b. February 6, 1876; aka MAY/MAE/MINNIE; baptismal sponsors were: Thomas MANSFIELD & Catherine BOHANE; immigrated to Brooklyn, New York circa 1900; worked as a maid; never married; also buried in Holy Cross Cemetery.
~Margaret HUSSEY b. September 29, 1877; aka MAGGIE; baptismal sponsors were: John COUGHLAN & Johanna DEMPSEY; immigrated to Brooklyn, New York circa 1900; worked as a cook; never married; also buried in Holy Cross Cemetery.
~Ellen F. HUSSEY b. December 25, 1879 (or January 2, 1880 – unsure); baptismal sponsors were: John DEMPSEY & Johanna DONOVAN; immigrated to Brooklyn, New York circa 1900; m. Stephen HARRINGTON, a transit authority worker; children were: Helen, Marguerite, Richard, Edward, William, Stephen Jr.; d. September 16, 1963; also buried in Holy Cross Cemetery.

Look forward to hearing from you or anyone out there with info! :}

Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2001 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: Bohane Donovan Demsey

Hi John , I just recently Received a birth record for my grgrandfather from Diocese of Cork and Ross, Parish, Courceys. Jeremiah Donovan-born August 27, 1828 to Cornelius Donovan and Catherine Bohane- Sponsor- Daniel Dempsey.My grgrandfather came from the "Old Head of Kinsale" area. Eleanor
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2003 11:15AM GMT
Surnames: Bohane, Carthy, Hegarty, Driscol
Searching for Bohanes of Kilderry,Skibbereen.Also Hegarty of Laherdane and links to Castlehaven.[NOTE on some sites I have used the wrong e-mail address! This is now correct.Thanks]

Re: Bohane +new e-mail address

Posted: 22 Nov 2001 11:17PM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2002 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: bohane and donovan
Recently changed from webtv to a computer .
Eleanor

Re: Bohane of Cork

john mcaleer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 11:34AM GMT
corrected email address

Re: Bohanes

Posted: 13 Nov 2004 8:00PM GMT
my moms maiden name was bohane born in skibbereen 1919 (1 brother 2 sisters) her mother remarried surname became o'sullivan my mom moved to england met and married gerald mooney from belfast 1942/1943 - 3 children myself,edmund & william

Re: Bohanes

Posted: 13 Nov 2004 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: maureen payne re:mooney
my mothers maiden name was bohane born in skibbereen 1919 (1 brother 2 sisters) her mother remarried her name then became o'sullivan my mom moved to england met and married gerald mooney from belfast in 1942/1943

Re: Bohane of Cork

Posted: 31 Jan 2006 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: BOHANE
I am the only grandson of the Daniel Bohane, son of Daniel and Mary Bohane circa 1830s. Daniel followed 2 of his brothers (?which) to Australia around 1890, working previously in the Irish merchant navy. He joined his brothers both of whom eventually settled in Brisbane, and my grandfather settled in northern NSW (Lismore). A sister Bridget came to Australia but returned I believe to Ireland to marry back in Ireland.

Daniel (Australia) Bohane lost several children early to diphtheria, and of the 4 remaining children (Mary (Sister Marie Therese - Presentation nun died 2004 aged 97), Eileen (spinster trained nurse- died 1989), Timothy (Barrister - my father, died 1993 aged 84) and William (TB of the kidney, never married, died in his forties around 1958), only Timothy married (3 children Marie 1942, Tim, 1943 (me), Irene 1947). Each of the latter have 3 children;

Marie: - Louise (2 children), Vanessa, Angela
Tim: - Ben (1 child), John, Hugh
Irene: - Danielle, Lucinda and Edward
per page

Find a board about a specific topic