Michael Horn (1875)

Vicki Burress Roach (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Horn, Anderson, Watkins, Cohoon, Ross
page 171
Abstracts of wills of Edgecombe Co., NC 1733-1856
? 6, 1785. No probate date.
Wife and exec.: SURANY, all household and kitchen furniture and stock, reversion to 3 youngest sons: ABSALOM, CASWELL and MICHAEL: daughters: DELILAH ANDERSON, DICEY WATKINS and CHARITY COHOON, feather bed and furniture each: daughter: ELIZABETH, 10 S: youngest daughters: BEERSHABA and POLLY: grand son: MATTHEW HORN, 10 S.
Sons and executors: ELISHA, grindstone: ELIAS, colt.
Witnesses: DANIEL ROSS, ELISHA HORN, ELIAS HORN.

Mary (SURANY) HORN, b.1724

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 11:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Apr 2004 8:57AM GMT
Surnames: SURANY, HORN
What is known of the Surany name? I am related to Mary M.Surany (b.1724) married to Moses Horn (1719). It is like a dead-end with this line in North Carolina. Can anyone help solve the mystery?

Re: Michael Horn (1875)

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 6:11PM GMT
Surnames: HORN 1785
Thank you for posting so much factual information on the Horn family of Edgecombe County. Is this possibly a typo in the subject line for the Will of Michael Horn (1875)? It appears to me that this should be (1785)instead.
Nancy Smith

Re: Michael Horn (1875)

Posted: 4 Sep 2013 3:21PM GMT
In the book ABSTRACTS OF WILLS EDGECOMBE COUNTY, NC 1733-1856 there is a listing for
MICHAEL HORN the following:

MICHAEL HORN 1785 No probate date. Wife& Extx:SURANY, all household and kitchen furntiure and stock, reversion to 3 youngest sons: ABSALOM, CASWELL and MICHAEL; daughters: DELIAH ANDERSON, DICEY WATKINS and CHARITY COHOON, feather bed and furniture each; dau: ELIZABETH, 10 shillings; youngest daus: BEERSHARA and POLLY; grandson MATTHEW HORN, 10 shillings. Sons & Exxrs: ELISHA, grindstone: ELIAS, COLT. Wit: Daniel Ross, Elisha Horn, Elias Horn.

This is on page 171
Hope this is helpful in your search.

Joyce

Re: Mary (SURANY) HORN, b.1724

Posted: 12 Jun 2014 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Horn, Surrency, Surany
Hi Linda, I have not seen the written name but I have seen the name Surrency and Surrancy traveling through NC. Just a thought.
Kim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic