Search for content in message boards

Michael Titus of Ohio/Indiana

Michael Titus of Ohio/Indiana

Posted: 1 Mar 2002 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2005 6:19AM GMT
Surnames: TITUS, LAMBERT, REDMAN, WRIGHT
I am seeking information on a Michael Titus who was born was born 28 Nov 1806, in Ohio, and died March 5, 1863 in Vermillion County, Indiana. He was married about 1837 to Mary Martha Lambert who was born 1 Jun 1819 and died 18 Mar. 1863, the daughter of John Lambert and Martha Redman. Michael and Mary lived on a farm about 2 miles south of Clinton, Indiana, both died of black or swamp fever, now known as malaria, and are buried at Riverside Cemetery at Clinton. They had 11 children: Andrew Jackson, John Nelson, Mary, Elizabeth Ellen (my direct ancestor who married Oliver P. Wright), Hugh, Hamilton Lambert, George Washington, Charity, Clarissa, Malinda Jane and Walter William.

Any information on who Michael's parents or siblings might have been would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Michael Titus of Ohio/Indiana

Posted: 15 Nov 2005 6:26PM GMT
This might be a reach but I have a William Titus b. 1808 in Ohio, moved to Clinton, IN between 1840 and 1850. Could he be Michaels brother?

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: TITUS/CONKLE
I believe parents of Michael are John Titus9b c. 1785d. 19 dec 1838 in vermillion county, in) and Mary Conkle (b. c. 1785 d. 1845 in vermillion county, in.)They came to Parke county In in 1828 from perhaps Pa. & then Coshocton co. oh where I think they had Michael & in 1814 had Elizabeth & then came to Parke Co, In. In Parke leased land from Joseph Walker.

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: TITUS, SWAN, LAMBERT, WRIGHT
Thank you so much! I've been trying to find any leads on this family for years. I'd be happy to share what information I have with you, if you're interested. You may write me directly at amalea.hendrickson@gmail.com.
Best wishes... Em

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 11:20PM GMT
Thank you both I'm a direct descendant of George Washington Titus and was struggling a this point.

Paul Titus

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 11:21PM GMT
Oh my contact is Paul@APChemical.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions