Search for content in message boards

De Silva and Kopsch

De Silva and Kopsch

Posted: 16 May 2013 11:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kopsch and De Silva
Hello, im looking for anybody who descends from Mary De Silva from Lotofaga Samoa and her husband's last name is Kopsch but not sure of his 1st name. Heard they moved to Leipzig, Germany back in the late 1800's im assuming and they had a son and a daughter by possibly the name of Princess? Just doing abit of family research so please reply if you descend from Mary and her husband.

Thank you:)

Re: De Silva and Kopsch

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 9:26AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: de Silva Kopsch Schneider
Hello Rebecca,

Maria de Silva married Otto Kopsch from Leipzig and they had at least one daughter, Princess Ottilie Kopsch, who was born in Apia/Samoa, as far as we know. Princess married in the early 1900twenties Heinrich Schneider, a physician from Saxony, who was the brother of my grandfather. They had one son, Klaus Fiame Schneider, a cousin of my father. Klaus Fiame died as a young soldier in WW II near the city of Nowgorod in Russia and is burried there. His parents died in the 1950ies in Germany. Please don´t hesitate to contact me for further information.

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 10:08AM GMT
WOW!! Thank you so much for replying. My Great Great Grandpa Manuel De Silva and Mary(Mele)are brother and sister which makes my Great Grandpa Manuele Silva 1st cousins with Princess. Have been researching for awhile and wondering what happened to Mary because 2 of her brothers and sister stayed in Samoa and her younger sister moved to New Zealand with her husband. I only have one photo of Mary but i just want to confirm if it is her. Can you please email me at rebeccasiitia@yahoo.com.

Thank you :)

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 10:59AM GMT
Surnames: De Silva, Kopsch
This is just a little breakdown of Mary(Mele)De Silva's family and for others who are researching too

Parents:

Augustine Silveira a.k.a Silva and Mele Silva nee Fiame of Lotofaga, Samoa

Siblings:

Joseph De Silva
Manuel De Silva married Caroline Scanlan
Catherine Anna Maria De Silva married Montgomery Betham
Luisa De Silva married Gustav Kronfeld

Chlidren of Manuel and Caroline Silva

Joseph Silva married Kalala Hicks

Senia Silva 1st Husband Arthur Kruger 2nd Husband Albert Stelin

Anna Silva married ? Williams

Augustine(Tasi)Silva married Mele Ben Allan

Manuele Silva married Fa'alaniga Schilling-Fiame(my great grandparents)

Maggie Silva 1st Husband Frank Partsch, 2nd Husband Ati ?

Mary Theresa Silva married Karl Oscar Anderson

So that's my link to Aunty Mary is through her brother Manuel De Silva.

If you have any stories, info or pictures of Mary's family please flick me an email.Plus just want to confirm if the pic below is that of Mary De Silva.

Thanks again :)
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions