Search for content in message boards

Patrick FINN born c1821 Ireland, marr 1855 NSW, Australia

Patrick FINN born c1821 Ireland, marr 1855 NSW, Australia

Posted: 20 Aug 2006 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Nov 2006 7:33PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Fisher
I am searching for Patrick FINN born in Ireland abt 1821.His married Mary FISHER in Bathurst NSW in 1855,they had 8 children all born in Australia.As there where so many Patrick Finns in Aust. Iam not sure which one is my gg grandfather as I don't know what year he came out here,Mary was also born in Tipperary Ireland abt 1833.If anyone can help me I would be very happy as I have a lot of info on the Australian line.

Re: Patrick FINN born c1821 Ireland, marr 1855 NSW, Australia

Posted: 20 Nov 2006 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Harpur
Hi

I have a Joseph O. Finn who married a Henrietta Harpur in Wellington, NSW in 1888 in one of my trees. Any relation?

Angela

Re: Patrick FINN born c1821 Ireland, marr 1855 NSW, Australia

Dale Shales (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2006 10:29AM GMT
Surnames: Finn
Hi Angela

So far I have not found a Joseph in my tree but there is another lady I know who also has Finn's in her tree so will send her an e-mail to see if she has a Joseph.

Dale

Re: Patrick FINN born c1821 Ireland, marr 1855 NSW, Australia - Joseph O Finn

Posted: 21 Nov 2006 8:43PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2012 12:13PM GMT
Hi Dale

Thanks for reading my enquiry. I'm in contact with a lady named Lee who is searching for Finns as well - it's probably the same person!

Have a good day

Angela

Re: Joseph O Finn

Dale Shales (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2006 7:53AM GMT
Hi Angela
No it wasn't Lee but if she dosen't mind could you ask her to contact me as she might be able to help me with my Finn's.

Thanks
Dale

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 7:53AM GMT
Surnames: FINN
Hello Angela

Hope you remember me.I have found quite a lot about the Finn family.Joseph is in my family tree.Denis Finn Snr had 2 sons Patrick and Dennis Jnr.My line comes through Patrick and Joseph comes through Dennis Jnr.My e-mail is blueshadowess@optusnet.com.au
Hope you get this.
Regards
Dale

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 9:27AM GMT
Hi there Dale

It was great to hear from you. I think I had given up on the Finns - to be honest I have been working on many other branches of my tree.

Now the first thing is to see if our Joseph's are one and the same - the Joseph O Finn in my tree married Henrietta Harpur in 1888 in Wellington, NSW. They had the following children, according to the NSW BMD:

Ruth - born 1888, died 1888
Letisia - b. 1889
John O - b. 1892
Joseph Roland Harold - b. 1894, died 1976.
Jessie Macd - b. 1896
Reggie - b. 1898, died 1899
Patrick B - b. 1900
Maria G - b.1904
Jane C - b. 1906

There also appears to be a Doris who died in 1913. She could have been born after 1907 when the searchable entries end. Also a Gerald Stephen with parents Joseph and Henrietta died in 1977. All the children were registered in either Nyngan or Cobar with Jessie registered in Condobolin.

I am related to this family (in a round about way) through Henrietta Harpur, back through her mother Hanoria Harpur(nee SULLIVAN) and then back to her parents Cornelius Sullivan and Mary Farrell. Cornelius was a convict who came to Australia in 1820 aboard the "Hadlow".

Does this help at all? Do you think we are talking about the same person?

regards

Angela

Posted: 25 Jun 2008 10:42PM GMT
Hi Angela

Yes we are talking about the same family,they had 14 children.Send me your e-mail address and will send info.

Dale

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 3:51PM GMT
Hello Dale,
I was reading your post to Angela about the Finn family.
I'm also researching the Finn name. I have a Dennis Finn jnr b.1857 d.1906 Cobar, NSW. Married to Sarah Burt in 1882 at Bourke, NSW. He is the son of Dennis snr and Annie Finn.
Sarah and Dennis had several children
Ada b.1882 d.1975 she is my G.Grandmother
Possible siblings are:
Dennis b.1886
John b.1888
Kathleen b.1890
Ernest Albon b.1892 d.1865
These siblings were all born at Nyngan
You said you had a lot on the Finns. I hope that your Finns and mind are connected. I would appreciate anything you could share with me.
I have a photo copy of Ada Finn's Baptism certificate she was Baptised in St.Brigids Church at Dubbo, NSW her sponsors were John and Jane Finn.
Thank you
Anne

Posted: 30 Jun 2008 2:30AM GMT
Hi Ann

Yes we are connected you can contact me at blueshadowess@optusnet.com.au

I can e-mail you what I have.Would love to get some more info on your families line if possible.

Regards
Dale
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions