Search for content in message boards

Karl Erdman pow to Canada 1940s from Germany

Karl Erdman pow to Canada 1940s from Germany

Posted: 8 Jul 2013 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Born 1922 settled in Vancouver .B.C married Vivian Andersson 1955 would appreciate any information thank you

Re: Karl Erdman pow to Canada 1940s from Germany

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 6:26PM GMT
It will be hard to help you unless you can provide some more info. There will certainly be some more US sources.

Gaby

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 7:14PM GMT
Thank you gabby, I really appreciate any information I can get. I found out that he came to Canada as a displaced persons, as I understand it, he was brought to Canada by the Canadian Army. I am trying to find more information on him,we knew him for almost all of his life,but he never spoke about his past life. I am trying to fill in the gaps for his daughter and grandchildren. I can give information on his Canadian life to anyone related Thanks. Alice

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 7:39PM GMT
I don't believe I gave the date of his death which is Mar.8th 2004 in port moody B.C Canada . And from what we understand all of his immediate family was killed during the war. And on his death certificate his mother was listed as Spanish and his father as German , we don't know either of their names. I am just getting started so, I'm not to good at formulating yet,we know he had a sister no name, also he had been shot in a finger. Thank you so much for responding Alice

Posted: 2 Feb 2014 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Erdmann
He was listed as a miner and lumberman when he was held as a forced laborer inHermannstr Lager gelstenkircher Buer tax 1290 and maybe 81 the war. He was born in Riga Latvia either in 1922 or 1924 He said all of his family had been killed.we don't know about his siblings we think a sister was named Maria.his mother was either Spanish or Gypsy.he came to Montreallanded24/may/1951 Ring into harbour in a water police boat Then to Vancouver May/9//1955 He came to Canada destined for Labour for the forest industry hr worked in the interior B.C. Probably Quesnel for a time.when he first came to Canada I don't know where or exactly when,while working as a lumber truck driver he had an accident Which killed two people.he spent Two years in Jail for vehicular homicide.Please send any info.his children know nothing of their heritage

Posted: 2 Feb 2014 10:32PM GMT
Hi Alice,
what a sad story. Unfortunately I have no idea how to help you.
Have you put a query with this info on teh Latvian board also?

Good luck.

Gaby

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 12:04AM GMT
Thank you Gaby, hearing from someone gives me hope,I will try the Latvian board.I have promised my niece ,that I won't stop looking.I think it was the Red Cross That helped get him to Canada.

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 12:25AM GMT
I tried to put the search on a Latvian board but I haven't been able to do it

Karl Erdman/Erdmann, born 1922 or 1924

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 3:15PM GMT
Classification: Military
Edited: 3 Feb 2014 4:14PM GMT
Hello Alice,

you should try your luck here:
http://forum.ahnenforschung.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&days...

Regards, Wolfgang

Forced laborer in Gelsenkirchen

Posted: 3 Feb 2014 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions