Search for content in message boards

Duncan Stuart information

Duncan Stuart information

Ken Stuart-Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2003 7:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stuart/Stewart
Hi!

I would like to trade info with you on Duncan Stewart/Stuart. I am descended from his son Samuel, of Wells, Maine.

I have detailed info on Duncan Stuart b.1625 , his family origins in Scotland and his descendents in America. [He came to America about 1650, prisoner, captured at the battle of Dunbar. ]

Please email me at
idproductions@msn.com

Ken Stuart-Anderson
Salem Cell: 503-269-3727

Re: Duncan Stuart Website and information

Ken (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2003 5:24AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart Stuart
UPDATE:
I saw your many of your posts on the STEWART forum. I am a direct desendant of Duncan Stewart and have been researching the family line back to 1066 AD. At this point I have about 100 pages of data, and extensive data on Duncan Stewart of Rowley, MA.

I plan to have a website with this data and a forum to help fill in the gaps. I should have it up by 1-15-04.

www.GENEALOGYOFDUNCANSTEWART.US

Here is some of my info:

DUNCAN STEWART's father was:

Alexander STEWART, 4th of Invernahyle
B. abt. 1590-1600 Scotland
D 1692, Scotland
Married: a daughter of Duncan Stewart, 5th Laird, 7th of Appin.
Children
1. Alexander Stewart b. 1630
2. Duncan STEWART b.1625/23?
3. Donald -DONALD STEWART, 5th of Invernahyle
4. James
5. John Dhu
6. John More
7. Dugald
8. William
9. Allan

Note: Alexander and Duncan Stewart were captured at the Battle of DUNBAR and sent to America about 1650.
Note: Alexander Stewart, chief of a highland clan of pipers
Note: Dr. Thompson of Appin: "Alexander, the fourth Invernahyle, married______Stewart, only daughter of Duncan Stewart fifth Laird of Appin, and had issue twelve sons, who all came to the age of men , and went all one Sabbath to the church, along with their father, in kilted plaids and armed. Their names, so far as can be recollected , were in the following order: Donald,James, John Dhu, John More, George, Dugald, William, Alexander, Duncan and
Allan."

DUNCAN STEWART

Birth: ABT. 1625/1623 in Scotland
Baptism: 23 Aug 1629 Kilmadock, Perth, ? Scotland

CAME TO AMERICA : ABT. 1650 prisoner of War, Battle of Dunbar
Death: 30 AUG 1717 in Rowley, Massachusetts
Residence: Ipswich, Newbury, Rowley, Mass.

[ Source: Gage’s History. of Rowley, Mass. &
"50 Great Migrant Col. by Threfall, pg 465]

Marriage: Ann Winchester b: ABT. 1630
Name: Ann Winchester / [Winchurst]
Death: 9 JUL 1729 in Rowley, Massachusetts

Keep in touch.

~ Kenneth Stuart-Anderson
inkadinka@msn.com

Re: Duncan Stuart information

Laura Meeks (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2004 6:25PM GMT
Can someone tell me whether any of Duncan's line ended up in the Machias area of Washington Co, Maine? There are several lines of Stuart there, one being that of my 5x gr.grandparents, James and Jane (Palmer) Stuart. There are two or three other Stuart lines, of which I'm convinced are connected, but still trying to find the link. I'm also trying to find where each of the branches originated.

Laura Meeks
Quartz Hill, Ca

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart/Stuart
I know this maybe a shot in the dark, your post was number of years ago. I believe I am a descendant of Samuel Stewart of Wells. This is the trail I am on. My Grandfather was Robert Burns Stuart, his father Frank T Stuart married to Mildred Burns Stuart, his father Frank W Stuart married Elvira A Stuart, his father Charles Stuart married Caroline Smith Stuart, his father Samuel Stuart married Miriam Greeley Stuart, his father Joseph Stewart/Stuart married Abigail Staples Stuart, his father John Stewart married Mary Preble Stewart, his father Samuel Stewart married Dorcas, his father Duncan Stewart married Ann.
Do any of these names match yours?

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 6:50PM GMT
I would like to correspond with you regarding Duncan Stuart's lines. I am a 9th great grandaughter of his and have done lots of research over the years. My work e-mail address is Gordon.Colleen@evsd90.wednet.edu

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 11:03PM GMT
Hello,
I am a 9th generation of duncan stewart. My sudden interest comes from the fact that my 8 year-old son is doing a school report on Scotland and I am stuck on Duncan arriving in ipswich in 1652. Any help on the Scotland part would be great help. This has been so fun and look forward to any help.

Mark Stuart
fosterpath@yahoo.com

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: STEWART/STUART

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Stuart
Here are the Stewarts that were from the Battle of Dunbar:
131. Alexander Stewart: UPL
132. Daniel Stewart: UPL
133. Duncan Stewart: UPL
134. Hugh Stewart: UPL
135. James Stewart: UPL
136. John Stewart: IWI
137. William Stewart: UPL

SEE: www.scottishprisonersofwar.com

Posted: 4 Aug 2013 8:39PM GMT
I have John Stewart in Rowley, MA in 1735-1784(ish) married first to Susannah Mitchel then to Margaret Gilmore. I don't know that there's a connection but finally a Stewart family from the New England area at this time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic