Search for content in message boards

Jefferson MYERS

Jefferson MYERS

Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2002 7:21AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Watson
Looking for info on family of Jefferson Myers, in 1870 Dale county census, 1880 Covington county census. 2nd. wife Armelia and children in 1910 Butler county census.Children were Lauva(L.E.), Joseph(J.J.),Mollie(M.G.),Jefferson, Charlie, Harvie H., possibably Willie J. First wife may have been Mary (R or B) Watson, b. abt 1838.Some members of this family are buried in Elizabeth Cemetery outskirts of McKenzie, Butler county, AL.

Re: Wm. Jefferson MYERS -- Harvie H. MYERS, b. 1897

Walker Williams (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Brackin
Harvie H. (Harvey Hendersen Myers) born March 18,1897 died Mar 5,1932, is my wife's grandfather. He married Winnie Ethyl Brackin born July 08,1902 died Jan 26,1983. They had a son Ulay O'Neil Myers born March 2,1921 died Feb 3,1952. We are also trying to find information on William Jefferson Myers and would be interested in sharing information.

Re: William Jefferson MYERS

Francis C. Watson (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2002 3:55AM GMT
Classification: Cemetery
Surnames: Myers, Cobb, Watson
I made a visit to McKenzie, AL and the Elizabeth P.B. Church Cemetery in FEB 2001. Had to leave too soon due to very hard rain, but got some information.

WILLIE J. MYERS b. 27 FEB 1921 -- d. 26 FEB 1954

Is this your William Jefferson Myers?

Next to Willie J. Myers is ...
OPAL Y. COBB b. 21 AUG 1920 -- d. 23 NOV 1999

Nearby is ... "BROTHER"
H. H. Myers b. 18 MAR 1896 -- d. 5 MAR 1936

Nearby is ... "MOTHER"
Mrs J. B. Myers b. 1 APR 1860 -- d. 6 OCT 1935
[Armelia, 2nd wife of Jefferson B. Myers]
[Jefferson's 1st wife was MARY WATSON of Dale Co., AL]

** I have a few more but will wait for reply.

Posted: 28 Jul 2008 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Myers, Meyers, Westermire, Westemire
This family of Myers are my 3rd great grandmother's family. Any help filling-blanks would be greatly appreciated. Would love to know where this "branch" of the family ended-up and maybe be able to exchange correspondence & stories.

Jefferson's sister Adeline married my 3rd greatgrandfather James Robert Ward and went to Texas where the WARDs still live. The families name was Westermire/Westemire but Jefferson changed it to Myers (at least that's what I was told).

Hope to hear from somebody,
sincerely,
Melanie Ward

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 2:42AM GMT
Jefferson B. Myers is my gr gr grandfather. His daughter Minnie Myers is my gr grandmother. Have some information on him and where he is buried. Would like to find out more information about him and the Westermyer family

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Myers, Westermeyer
Thank you for writing. this is exciting for me. i can give you all the information i have an have a couple of questions for you as-well.

First let's make-sure we're talking about the same Jefferson:
- mine was born 1837 SC d UNK (my notes say possibly 1903 in Butler County Alabama)

If this is your gr gr grandfather, please tell me:
- where is he buried?
- who did your gr grandmother Minnie marry?
- my research found that Jefferson had 2 wives; is this what you have?
- do you have any WARDs in your family tree?
- did all of Jefferson's children remain in Alabama or did any of them move to another state?

Have you heard the story of why their name is Myers instead-of Westermeyer? if not, i'll be glad to tell you. Westermeyer is German.

Jefferson's sister Adeline is my 3rd gr granmother. Any information you have on her would be GREATLY appreciated (maybe a description of what she looked-like, a photo, any stories about her life, etc).

Hope to hear back from you.
sincerely
Melanie Ward
3rd gr granddaughter of James Robert Ward & Adeline Westermeyer

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 12:42AM GMT
Howdy! Do you know if you have any JACKSONs in your BUTLER COUNTY, AL families?? Thanks! ~ Linda

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Westermeyer, Jackson
if so, i do not have them in my database. there may be JACKSONs in the family and i simply don't have that information.
Melanie

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 5:32PM GMT
Thanks, Melanie! I ask because I am still trying to find the history of my great great great grandfather, William Jackson, who living in Butler County, AL in 1850 and was in the 1840 and 19850 census there, at those times. If you DO hear of any Jackson ties, please remember me and email me!!! Many thanks, Linda

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Westermeyer
Sorry for the delay in repling. I show my Jefferson Myers as being the son of John Westermyer and Louisa. His first wife was Mary Watson, the daughter of Bright Watson. His second wife was Armelia Solomon. He had 8 children. His daughter Minnie was my great grandmother. She married Clint Hamilton. I looked for years to find Jefferson's burial site. If I am correct he is buried at Leon Community cemetery. Leon is located in Crenshaw Co. Alabama which is very close to were they lived in Butler Co Alabama.

No I do not know why he changed his name to Myers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions