..........Son of Searing S. STELLE & Elizabeth LANDERS
....2 - A. E. BAKER
..........Born - 1859 Collin Co., TX

John T. Stelle

Barbara Stelle (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stelle, Baker
John T. Stelle of Washington Co. AR did not die in 1888. He & his family moved to Lincoln Co. OK in 1902(?). Both he & Mattie (Martha Ellen Baker Stelle) are buried in the Wellston, OK cemetary. Contact me if you are interested in more information.

Rev. Eli BAKER

Cindy Radway (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stelle, Baker, Fowler
Barbara,
THANKS for answering! Thanks also for the correction. Now I understand that your family left Washington Co., AR and went to Lincoln Co., OK. Did all of the children and grandchildren of Eli and Dorcas FOWLER BAKER move from the Washington Co., AR area?
Cindy Radway

Fowler-Baker

Eddene Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SKELTON, CALVERT, BAKER, FOWLER, STELLE, LANDERS
Saw your queries on Eli BAKER and the Dorcas FOWLER. My friend, Judy Hightower is a descendant of the FOWLER bunch and has info on them if you want to contact her. She and I talked about it awhile back because I'd found your queries and recognized that I had John T. STELLE as the child of Searing STELLE and Elizabeth LANDERS. Searing was the brother of my great-great-great-grandmother, Permelia SKELTON's first husband, Timothy STELLE, thus my interest. Permelia married second to Milford CALVERT of Washington co, Ark. My paternal grandmother grew up around all these people and gave me so much info. If you want to contact Judy, just write me an email and I'll answer you privately. Eddene

Alexander's parents

Eddene Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Gwen(and Cindy):
I have nothing on Alexander's parents. I see that Cindy sent you a copy of the letter she wrote to me about them and unfortunately I don't have in my notes on Alexander or Phoebe what my source for them was. It seems like it was from a webpage on the Stelle family, but I can't remember.
I am not "actually" related to the Stell(e) families, but my third great-grandmother, Permelia SKELTON married first to Timothy. Their daughter, Hannah Jane Stelle married William Ward and they had a bunch of children, but only about 3 boys that lived to maturity. They were: Hiram, Tim and Oscar Ward. My grandmother knew them or of them. Some of them lived at one time in Canon City, Colo where Permelia moved with her younger children aft 1870. Hannah and a bunch of her babies are buried at the Baptist Ford Cemetery at Greenland, Ark. Some place I have it written down what was on the tombstones.

My grandmother, Pansy Manila (Brock) Hightower talked of the Stells, among others of Washington Co Ark as she was born there in 1899 and lived there for many years until her folks moved to Adair co, Ok.

One new discovery: Friends that we hadn't been in touch with for several years recently told me that their son-in-law, Herb Stell(e?) is out of this same bunch. He is in his 30s. They have some of his family tree and I will be able to get a copy of it before too long. I have no idea who worked on it, nor what it contains. When I get it, I shall be sure to pass it along. I will let you both know.

I don't know anything about the "Indian part", but will ask this of Herb also.

I can share the Stell info with you as I have it in my computer if you desire it. As with any information, there could be mistakes in it and it is to be used for reference, not the "total truth".

Searing Stelle

Posted: 30 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2004 1:26AM GMT
Surnames: Stelle
I saw that you were related to Timothy Stelle. I am a descendant of Searing Stelle. I know that Searing and Timothy's parents were Alexander Stelle and Pheobe Marsh, and I have some more information on the Marsh side. However, I am at a brickwall with Alexander's parents. Do you know who they are, or do you have any leads that might help with finding his parents. I know of a descendant of Hannah Stelle, Searing and Timothy's sister, who is also looking for Alexander's parents. I would really appreciate any help, and will share what info I have with you. By the way there is a Stelle Reunion in Stroud, OK on Sept. 4, 1999. If you are able to go and would like directions email me. Gwen

Alexander's Parents

Susan Westcott (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: STELLE
Eddene,
I am also looking for the parents of Alexander Stelle b. 1766-1783. He was married to Phoebe Marsh in 1814 and their children are: John, Isaac, Nancy, Searing, Timothy & Hannah. I am wondering if you got in touch with Herb Stelle and if so if you have a copy of his family tree. My connection with Alexander (my GGGgrandfather) is thru his daughter Hannah who married Archibald G. Smith in Springdale, Arkansas in 1845.
Susan Westcott

Stelle/Skelton

Posted: 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: Skelton, Stelle
Im needing information on a Permilla Skelton died March 07, 1904 in Canon City,Colorado married Timothy Stelle

Please email me at eagleeye@ipa.net

Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic