Search for content in message boards

Native American Heritage-Whites

Native American Heritage-Whites

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 4:40AM GMT
I am hoping to hear from anyone who may have Native American Lineage, and have record of intermarriages with the White or LeBlanc ( Canadian ) families. Also any Whites who had lineage in Nova Scotia in the early 1700's - 1900's...Thank you...Mary

White family and Native American Lineage

Pam (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2001 3:13PM GMT
My grandmother was a White. Her father was James W White, married to Susan R. McClung in LA about 1860. HIs father James W White, married Sallie Brewer, an indian. Her parents were indian, but I have little info on them right now. She was born in AL as were her parents. She died in 11-8-1902 and is buried in Pleasant Grove Cemetary near Choudrant, LA Her husband, James W , is buried there also. HE was born ca 1846 and died 3-28-1904. They had 7 children: James W born 1880, John 1870,Wesley 1877, Molley White Holloway 1888, Henry(died at 18 of TB) and Naomi White Holloway 1871. I don't know if any of this would tie in for you. My email address is route66_71106@yahoo.com

Native American/ White

Posted: 23 Feb 2001 8:35AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jan 2002 8:14PM GMT
My grandfather Alvin White married Neelie Dudley a Cherokee native. They lived in North Carolina & had their family. My grandmother died in childbirth but I don't know what year. My grandfather died around 1933. They are buried in Delaware.

Native American Heritage- White Family

Posted: 26 Feb 2001 11:38AM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2002 5:49PM GMT
Hi Mary ,
My grandfather Ervin Heavlock White , born March 4,1872 in Truro,Nova Scotia,Canada , married Alice Boardman Crowell,born September 10,1874 ,in Truro , Nova Scotia. They were married December 23,1890 in Lynn,massachusetts. I have the White side of the family back to 1771. If you think there is a connection let me know and I will send you the information I have. My grandmother Alice Boardman Crowell was half indian. I believe she was a Mic Mac , but I am not sure.

Cherokee Whites

Mike Henry (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2001 8:22PM GMT
The surname of White appears quite extensively in the DAWES Roll and the Miller Roll. These are census rolls of the Cherokee Nation taken in the late 1800s and early 1900s, respectively. You can purchase them through your local bookstore.

Whites in Nova Scotia

Posted: 27 Feb 2001 8:13AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2002 8:57PM GMT
OK. Here's what I have on my family. If this
is any help I would love to trade particulars.

My Grandmother was Alberta Josephine White born in
Plymouth, MA. (I have her birthcert...but not with
me.) Her father was Albert C. White born in Nova
Scotia. Her mother was Jennie Pickard.

I found a LeBlanc family connection that my
dad remembered as soon as I mentioned the name
change. I don't have proof for the connection yet
but I believe Albert's father was Daniel LeBlanc.

Alberta had a brother and sister that lived to
adulthood. May White and Stanley White. May
never married. Alberta married Alton Taylor.
I can't remember Uncle Stan's wife.

-Anna Taylor
Ann Arbor, MI

White

Nell (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2001 6:37PM GMT
Do you have any information on Wesley White? I think my great-grandfather's name was Wesley White. His children were Lonnie (my grandfather), Barry, Frank, Floyd, Walter, Fred, and a sister possibly named Olla or Ora Mae.

Whites/LeBlancs/Castines

Cathy Lindley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 9:35AM GMT
Hi Mary...I've been tracing my grandmother's lineage only a short time now, but there were Castine sisters who married White's and LeBlancs.
Albert White m. Ida Emily Castine
Eddie LeBlanc m. Louise Castine
My grandmother, Rita White, married into the Castle family, which has nezpez or Cherokee in their background.
Either the White's or Castine's had Mic Mac indian in their heritage. I think it was on the Castine side, from some old pictures I have.....-Cath :)

1901 New Brunswick, Canada Census

Cathy Lindley (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 9:43AM GMT
I forgot to mention....I have a few pages of the census from 1901 Canadian Census. Let me knoe if you need info on it. Heads of household listed are:
John and Mary White w/ mom Marjorie
Samuel and Laura White
Thomas and Sarah White
Christ (?) and Annie White
Charles and Annie White
Ernest and Sarah White
George and Mary White
Henry and Elizabeth White

It lists all their children, servants, and film look-up #'s

-Cath :)

Wesley White

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 12:52PM GMT
My great grandfather, James William White, had a brother named Wesley, born ca 1877? Their parents were James W and Sallie Brewer White. Wesley married Amanda Jame Meadows ca 1900 He is buried in Pleasant grove cemetary near Choudrant. I have seen the name Wesley a few times in various census and it may have been used by many brothers for their children. James and Wesley had a brother John, Henry and sisters Molley (married to IJE Hollaway) and Naomie(married to Jeff Holloway) Does any of this tie in for you?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic