Search for content in message boards

Princess Diana (Spencer)

Princess Diana (Spencer)

Kat Treat (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2001 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have Princess Diana's lineage? My grandmother claims that we are related to Princess Diana through our ties to the Spencers. Her mother (my great grandmother) was Ruby Spencer by birth.

My mom thought Grandma was dreaming, but something triggered our curiousity... my youngest daughter, "Jennelle", actually LOOKS like Princess Diana! Wierd, huh? I didn't make the connection until my daughter cut her hair short, and everyone (including me) freaked out. I have pictures that would blow you away, and the older Jennelle gets, the more she looks like the princess.

Anyway, I'm curious to see WHERE and IF there is a connection. Thanx to all, and God bless!
Kat

Re: Princess Diana (Spencer)

Posted: 6 Oct 2001 7:16PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2002 8:01PM GMT
Why do you make it soooo complicated, just ask the PRINCE CHARLES!!!!!

Bye from Paris, SIGI

sam (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 10:15AM GMT
I have been to Althorpe (the Spencer fanily home) and they do have some information on the family line and some pictures. You can also get books and all sorts of gifts there. Maybe you could get something about the family tree. I think from your message you do not live in the UK, I don't know if there is a Web site for Althorpe but you might want to check.

Lance Ziegler (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2002 2:30PM GMT
Surnames: Spencer, Riedel, Luplow, Henning
Kat,

I have a long list of Spencers dateing back to the 1430's. Not all has been confirmed but it is in the process. The original Spencer's were call La de Spencer and eventually became just "Spencer". My grandmother has always told me that we were related to Princess Diana. I have info on an older couple that has a basement full of Spencer books and family history for both England and the United States families and how it all ties together. They have just about any book or article you can think about that deals with the Spencer family. They have written two books to my knowledge and have had extensive research done on the Spencer's. The lineage comes from Stotfold, Bedfordshire, England. Gerard and Alice (Whitbread) Spencer had one daughter, Elizabeth, and four sons, Ensign Gerard-b:April 16, 1614, Micheal, Thomas and William. Two stayed in England and two moved to Haddam, Middlesex, Connecticut around 1630 . My lineage comes from Ensign Gerard Spencer who married Hanna Hills (b: 1618) in 1636 Haddam, Middlesex, Connecticut. Hanna was born in Haddam. eventually the Gerard Spencer Family made its way to Gilford, MI. I have been studying the tree for years and it is baffling to figure out whats what. There is so much history with the Spencer Family.

sue johnson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2002 2:45AM GMT
my mother told me we are related to the spencer family through her dad. his name is alfred spencer

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 7:36AM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 8:50AM GMT
Surnames: Spencer
I have an Alfred Spencer in my research. He would be brother to my GGG-Grandfather Edward B. Spencer. Any connection?

James (Jim) (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2002 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Spencer - Blower
Perhaps you can help me. Trying to find info. on Spencer family. GG Grandmother was Martha Spencer - father was John Spencer, from Lancashire, England. He was baliff to Lord latham, of Ormskirk, England. Martha married John Blower. Their son, James, married Annie Pilkington. Spencer name has been maintained as a given name (middle) ever since.

tom bohn (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2004 5:12PM GMT
Hi I don't know about the Princess but your name is what I am interested in. I am looking for a Barbara Catherine Bohn who married Don Treat around the 1880,s

Posted: 7 Jun 2012 10:49PM GMT
My grandmother found out once during a group outing with her friends. Somewhere along the lines, she found out that we were distantly related through my Great Great Grandmother Mary Melissa Pilkington (Rhueport). I remember reading something about the Pilkingtons knowing the Spencers in a book I was reading for a 7th grade project earlier on.

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 7:28AM GMT
There is a book that was published through New England Historic and Geneological Society, NEHGS, in Boston trhat details her lineage.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions