Search for content in message boards

Marie Brown Blackwell

Marie Brown Blackwell

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 2:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, my name is Michelle Blackwell. My paternal grandfather is William Henry Blackwell Jr. b. 02/02/1933 in New York, New York. I am looking for any and all information about him and any of his ancestors, beginning with his mother, Marie Brown Blackwell. I'm relatively new to genealogical studies and am looking for a good push in the right direction. I tried familyshare.org, and was unable to find anything, although I may not have been using it properly :-)

Re: Marie Brown Blackwell

Posted: 13 Oct 2012 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Oct 2012 5:52PM GMT
First, let make sure you are posting on the right board. Did he move to Michigan, or did his relatives end up in Van Buren County?

I found two William Blackwell's who were born on that date in the social security death index, one who died in 1969 and one in 2003. Do you know which is the correct one? Do you have his obit?

I would suggest searching for him in the 1940 census records. I found one William Blackwell born 1934 in New york, living with his grandparents in Virginia. The family was Black. Does that sound at all like him?
When searching the census, I try and put in less information at first. So, I searched on a william Blackwell, born 1932-1934 in New York. I always give a year range for the birth year, as the person's age may appear differently in the census according to which month the census was taken.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic