Search for content in message boards

Berkshire Genealogist lookup please

Berkshire Genealogist lookup please

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 12:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BUTTON
Looking for a volunteer to look up Harvey Cornelius Button in the Berkshire Genealogist, Vol 24, Issue 2, Page 56 please.
I'm searching for the Button family that was in Pittsfield, MA for the birth of son, William M Button about 1818/1819. William's parents were Harvey Button and Elena Shafer according to his sister, Harriett's death certificate. On his 2nd marriage document, Pittsfield, MA was given as William's birth location.
Thank you kindly for any assistance!

Re: Berkshire Genealogist lookup please

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 1:08PM GMT
Hi,
JM Lavelle posted this reply to the mailing list:

Harvey Cornelius Button in the Berkshire Genealogist, Vol 24, Issue 2, Page 56
Adams, MA death record Jan. 21, 1923 age 76 years 3 months 4 days
Address 82 Orchard Street

Posted: 9 Mar 2012 1:18PM GMT
Thank you kindly for your assistance! Just wish I could link him up for sure to my Button line. Every little bit helps! Have a wonderful day....

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 6:26AM GMT
Surnames: Button, Potter, Gardner
Hello. I have ancestors from the Pittsfield,MA & Hoosick Falls,NY area that are Button & Potter.
My Button is Lottie. She was born ion 1867 to Emerson Button & Mariah Gardner. She died in 1912 in Pittsfield.
She married Leon Potter. She had a brother named William Button. He was born in Hoosick Falls,Ny in 1864. He died in 1923 in Pownal,VT due to a car accident.

Is this any relation to you ?

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 2:34PM GMT
Hello,
I don't see any of the names you mention in the Button family that I've found so far. The Pittsfield connection is interesting though. That's why I'd made this post, to see if there was anything in that area regarding the names that I've posted.
What I know is that my William M Button was born about 1818/1819 in Pittsfield, Berkshrie Co., MA. His sister was Harriett Button (born Sep 9 1823 in NY) and she married James French. I have her death certificate that mentions her parents names as Harvey Button and Elena Shafer. William and Harriet's mother, Elena, was found on various census records with each child for different years.
I do not have an Emerson Button connected to my tree as of yet, but possibly there is a connection. I do not find any mention of an Emerson Button in my notes either.
Do you have any ideas of where to go from here?
Thanks for your message and happy hunting!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions