Search for content in message boards

Portia (Lowe) Garrison obit Mar 1997

Portia (Lowe) Garrison obit Mar 1997

Posted: 1 Apr 2009 11:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Apr 2009 10:08AM GMT
Surnames: Garrison, Lowe
Hello:
I am hoping some kind soul can assist me with an obit on the sister of my GrAunt: Portia Garrison nee Lowe.
Date of death: March 1997 in Dane, Madison, WI.
First husband Conway, second: Garrison.
Thank you.
Kind reguards,
Martha

Re: Portia (Lowe) Garrison obit Mar 1997

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 2:21AM GMT
Hi Martha,

Here's what I found in the WISCONSIN STATE JOURNAL, Feb. 25, 1997, Sec. B, P. 4

PORTIA LOWE GARRISON

MADISON - Portia Lowe Garrison, of Madison, Wisconsin, died on Wednesday, February 19, 1997, at Middleton Village Nursing Home. She was born on December 5, 1906, and lived on the family farm near Whitehall, Wisconsin. She went to grade school and high school in Whitehall. In 1922, the family moved to a farm where Truax Airfield is now located. Portia graduated from Central High School in Madison in 1925. She went to the University of Wisconsin where she studied Latin in preparation for teaching. Portia graduated from the University of Wisconsin School of Nursing in 1930. She went back to the University of Wisconsin and finished a Bachelor's degree in Sociology in 1936. She worked at Wisconsin General Hospital nights while she finished her degree. She went to work at the Chicago Medical School Clinic for three years, then got a Visiting Nurse Scholarship and received a Master's degree in public health from Western Reserve in 1941. She went into the public health field in the state of Oregon and later worked in Sacramento, California until her retirement in 1972. In 1985 she moved to Madison and resided at Oakwood Village. She was preceded in death by her parents, Fred and Bernice Lowe; a brother, Dr. John Lowe of Eau Claire; and three sisters, Helen, Mirpah and Marian. She is survived by her son, Attorney Kenneth H. Conway, Jr., of Baraboo, Wisconsin; three grandchildren, John, Eric and William; her sister, Marjorie Pauls of Madison; and many friends in Wisconsin, Oregon and California. Private Memorial Services will be held at a later date. FITCH-LAWRENCE-SANFILLIPPO Funeral Home is assisting the family.

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 2:25AM GMT
Thank you ever so much !!!!!!!!!!!!
I truely appreciate this !!!
Kind reguards,
Martha in CA~

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 2:55AM GMT
You're welcome!

Barbara in Madison, WI

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Lowe/Louw/Stilwell/Garrison
Portia is my grandmother's sister. I got to meet Portia many times when she came to California to visit her sister (my grandmother). My grandmother is Mirpah Marie (Lowe) Stilwell. I am also researching my family genealogy. Curently working on the Lowe/Louw family if you'd like to correspond.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 10:04PM GMT
Hi Lynn,
It's me .....Martha~

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 11:15PM GMT
Ha! I thought it might be, but didn't know your Ancestry ID. :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions