Search for content in message boards

ALBERTA (MORETENSON) PHELPS

ALBERTA (MORETENSON) PHELPS

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2012 4:41PM GMT
I am looking for early information on my gr.grandmother. On the Marriage records to my gr. grandfather it states that her parents were unknown. My grandfather was from Van Buren County. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Re: ALBERTA (MORETENSON) PHELPS

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 9:26PM GMT
I’m not related to any member of this family.

1940 is the last available census at this time.

You wrote - "On the Marriage records to my gr. grandfather it states..." Is there more than one marriage record???

NEED 1st name + DOB + birthplace for your g/father.

NEED DOB + birthplace for Alberta.

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 10:38PM GMT
I would look in Indiana for the marriage of Alberta's parents. I suspect you know the surname is very probably Lipp as her siblings both all have that name. Henry Lipp is not married in 1910 but is married to Edith in 1920 with a step-daughter with the Mortensen/Mortenson surname. And in 1910 he as in Indiana. I have attached the 50th Wedding Anniversary article from the Kalamazoo Gazette (2 copies-different exposures)dated 16 Oct 1968, pg 23:1. The obit from the Gazette for Alberta (KG 9 Feb 1983 pg B10:6 & a correction from 10 Feb 1983 pg A3:1). Also the obit for Raymond Phelps from 29 January 1983 pg B12:1.
Attachments:

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 1:26AM GMT
I had a sudden revelation, Edith Lipp was Alberta's mother. I have not found Edith Mortensen or Anna Mortensen in the 1900 Census, but Anna, Alberta & Pearl all show their father was born in Denmark and the children were born in Indiana. So, back to Indiana to find the marriage of Edith to a man named Mortonsen. Have you contacted the Webster District Library in Decatur, Van Buren Co. for marriage records for Anna or Pearl?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic