Search for content in message boards

Thomas James Sallee Kentucky and Missouri

Thomas James Sallee Kentucky and Missouri

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sallee
I am researching Thomas James Sallee b.1816/1819 in Kentucky, supposedly Mercer Co., In 1850 he is in Monroe Co., Missouri with wife Minerva (some same her surname is Horne) and children Lydia, John, Nancy, James C. (our ancestor) and Parilee. John and Parilee born in Missouri, the rest in Kentucky. In 1860 he is back in Mercer Co., Kentucky with wife Mary J. (second wife?) and additional children Mary A., Joel, Charles and William all born in Kentucky.
Sons John and James C. Sallee eventually return to Missouri and live in Vernon Co.
Searching parents of Thomas and who his wife/wives were. I cannot find them in the 1870 census.

Michele Brooks

Re: Thomas James Sallee Kentucky and Missouri

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 6:57PM GMT
Thomas James Sallee b. abt 1819 Mercer Co. KY
22 Aug 1837 in Mercer Co married Manerva Jane Hornb.1819
He was the 8th child and 5th son of John Sallee Sr.
and Mary Clark

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 7:06PM GMT
Thanks so much! Do you know anything about the Horns? Or about the wife of James Calvin Sallee who was Elizabeth Hearon, daug of William?

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: Sallee,Hicks,McIntire,Jackson,Reynolds.Vanatta
click at the top of this page where it says Family trees
type in Manerva Jane Horn
You can do the same with William Hearon
Freddie

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 7:16AM GMT
Descendant Register, Generation No. 1

JACOB HORN was born 1797 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY. He married POLLY GABHART. She was born 1800 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY.

Child of JACOB HORN and POLLY GABHART is:

+2 i.
MANERVA JANE HORN was born 1819 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY, and died BEFORE 1891 in NEVADA, MISSOURI.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 2

MANERVA JANE HORN (JACOB HORN1) was born 1819 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY, and died BEFORE 1891 in NEVADA, MISSOURI. She married THOMAS SALLEE, son of JOHN SALLEE and MARY CLARK. He was born 1819 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY, and died 1891 in NEVADA, MISSOURI.

Child of MANERVA JANE HORN and THOMAS SALLEE is:

+3 i.
ANDREW JACKSON SALLEE was born JULY 13, 1863 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY, and died AFTER JAN. 3, 1927 in SHELBYVILLE, INDIANA.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 3

ANDREW JACKSON SALLEE (MANERVA JANE HORN2, JACOB HORN1) was born JULY 13, 1863 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY, and died AFTER JAN. 3, 1927 in SHELBYVILLE, INDIANA. He married ELIZA FRANCES SEMONIS, daughter of DAVID SEMONIS and ELIZABETH WICKERSHAM. She was born AUG. 23, 1866 in WELLS COUNTY, INDIANA, and died JAN. 3, 1927 in SHELBYVILLE, INDIANA.

Child of ANDREW JACKSON SALLEE and ELIZA FRANCES SEMONIS is:

+4 i.
MARTINA ATWOOD SALLEE was born AUG. 15, 1886 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY, and died AUG. 30, 1961 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 4

MARTINA ATWOOD SALLEE (ANDREW JACKSON SALLEE3, MANERVA JANE HORN2, JACOB HORN1) was born AUG. 15, 1886 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY, and died AUG. 30, 1961 in MERCER COUNTY, KENTUCKY. She married FIELDEN "TOBE" LONG, son of FRANCIS MARION LONG and RACHEL ARBUCKLE. He was born MAR. 27, 1886 in DECATUR COUNTY, INDIANA, and died NOV. 22, 1918 in GREENSBURG, INDIANA.

Child of MARTINA ATWOOD SALLEE and FIELDEN "TOBE" LONG is:

+5 i.
RAYMOND FIELDEN LONG was born DEC. 3, 1908 in GREENSBURG, INDIANA, and died DEC. 29, 1965 in LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 5

RAYMOND FIELDEN LONG (MARTINA ATWOOD SALLEE4, ANDREW JACKSON SALLEE3, MANERVA JANE HORN2, JACOB HORN1) was born DEC. 3, 1908 in GREENSBURG, INDIANA, and died DEC. 29, 1965 in LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA. He married OPAL ESTHER FRANTZ, daughter of AMOS PETER FRANTZ and IDA MAE LINCOLN. She was born AUG. 8, 1916 in WELLS COUNTY, INDIANA, and died APR. 11, 1975 in OCEANSIDE, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA.

Child of RAYMOND FIELDEN LONG and OPAL ESTHER FRANTZ is:

+6 i.
Living LONG.

Descendant Register, Generation No. 6

Living LONG (RAYMOND FIELDEN LONG5, MARTINA ATWOOD SALLEE4, ANDREW JACKSON SALLEE3, MANERVA JANE HORN2, JACOB HORN1). She married Living BOWMAN, son of RAYMOND LESLIE BOWMAN and MABEL DOSENBERRY.

Children of Living LONG and Living BOWMAN are:

+7
i.
Living BOWMAN.

iii.
REBECCA LOUISE BOWMAN was born NOV. 1963 in GRAND RAPIDS, KENT COUNTY, MICHIGAN, and died NOV. 1963 in GRAND RAPIDS, KENT COUNTY, MICHIGAN.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions