Search for content in message boards

Any Information or Old Photos of Wray family of Nelson County Va

Any Information or Old Photos of Wray family of Nelson County Va

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 2:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wray
I am a granddaughter of Clyde Wray who is the daughter of Alexander Wray and Martha Lobb Wray. I am hoping to find someone who has any photos of the Wray family. I am willing to pay for copies. I would also like to find out how to get a copy of a book titled "History of Wray Family" by Beryl Best Grine. Any responses would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks, Lisa Hagen

Huntrem42@aol.com

Re: Any Information or Old Photos of Wray family of Nelson County Va

Dawn Skeete (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2003 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Wray
Hi in response to your email my family are Wray. As you would know theres alot of us. we orginated from Jamaica, in country as they call it. Email me skeetedawn@hotmail.com
i am tracing my history too, it would be nice to talk.

Dawn

june (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2004 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: wray/byers
i have photos of wrays and byers

Posted: 5 Mar 2004 12:56PM GMT
Dear June,
Could you please write me. My email is Huntrem42@aol.com

My grandfather on my dad's side was Wilbert Edward Proffitt and he was married to Clyde Edna Wray. Her father was Alexander Wray. And her mother was Martha Lobb Wray.

I have visited the family cemetary in Schuyler Virginia. I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for responding.
Lisa Hagen

Posted: 5 Mar 2004 1:47PM GMT
Sorry June, I mixed my info up in the last message.

Wilbert Edward Proffitt married Margaret Burr
Wilbert's parents were Warrie Cleveland Proffitt - he was married to Clyde Edna Wray

Clyde Edna's parents were alexander Wray and Martha Lobb

Posted: 29 Mar 2004 8:16PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2005 8:17PM GMT
lisa
i am the ggggranddaughter of your grandfathers brother robert hannahna wray if you want to know more about them please let me know i ysed to live in nelson co. but i now live in louisa co. the reason i say this is my grandmother is still living she knows alot of family history about the wray's if you want to know and yes i know where to get some of the family photoes from if you would like we have a photo of my mom and granddaddy wray on his 99th birthday and it was put in the news paper it tell s about how mant children he has and where he came from how the family was proud of him
if you want to know more about this you can e-mail me at lonewolfskittycat@yahoo'com or give me call at (540)872-2868
anytime in the evenings is fine i will help myou in any way i can to put some of the family history together
just let me know because if you want ot know now is the time my grandmother is in bad health so we may lose this link yours as your desent cousin
cathy maury

Posted: 13 Jun 2009 3:39PM GMT
could any one of you please send me any photos of any of the Wrays that you guys have i also would like to have some pictures. i amd the gggreat grand daughter of Robert Hannah Wray so i am also kin to the wray of whom you are speaking i also may be able to get a picture of Robert hannah wray with my mother when she was about three they were on horseback. you can contact me at firedogsgirl@yahoo.com

Posted: 13 Jun 2009 3:48PM GMT
i also may be able to get some pictures of Robert hannah wrays Daughters one of whom is me great great grandmother Essie lillian Wray Kidd also her sisiter Nellie Blane Wray Phillips is my great grand mother. see Nellie's son married Essie's grand daughter.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic