Search for content in message boards

William A. & Hattie (Butterfield) Carter

William A. & Hattie (Butterfield) Carter

Posted: 1 Jan 2006 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am in need of assistance to check Post Falls cemetery records for William A. and Hattie (Butterfield) Carter. I am assuming they may be buried at Evergreen cemetery.

I know William A. Carter and Hattie M. Butterfield married on 28 Oct 1901 at Rathdrum, Kootenal co., Idaho and that they were living there during the 1910, 1920 and 1930 census. They had three children:

1. William Lawrence (born abt 1904 in Canada & whom may have married Edna Winn on 21 Aug 1926 at Weiser, Washington co., Idaho)

2. Bessie M. (born abt 1910)

3. Lois I. (born abt 1919)

It appears Bessie May Carter died at Post Falls, Kootenal co., Idaho on 12/02/1949 -- but her birth date is listed as 8/1/1876 (which would have been her mother, Hattie's birth date not Bessie's birth date).

Would anyone be willing to look thru the Evergreen cemetery records, or county death records for William A. Carter and his wife, Hattie? If death dates are found, I'd like copies of obituaries.

Your time and expenses will be reimburese. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

Hattie Carter

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2006 5:01AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Carter
TAKEN BY DEATH

Following an illness of several months, Mrs. Hattie May Carter, 72, died this morning at her home at Post Falls. Born in Maine, she came to this locality in 1889 from that state.

Survivors are her husband, W. A. Carter at home; two daughters, Mrs. Lois Medley of McGuire and Miss Bessie M. Carter of Dayton, Wash.; a sister Mrs. Bessie Engers of Post Falls; a niece, Mrs. Lois May Blankenhorn of Bozeman, Mont., and a grandson, Marc Allan Medley of Post Falls.

The English Yates Funeral Chapel is in charge of funeral arrangements.

Coeur d’ Alene Press, Friday, December 2, 1949

Christian Science funeral services for Mrs. Hattie May Carter who died yesterday at her home at Post Falls will be held Monday afternoon at 2 o’clock from the English Yates Chapel. Interment will be in Evergreen cemetery at Post Falls.

Coeur d’ Alene Press, Saturday, December 3, 1949

Re: William A. & Hattie (Butterfield) Carter

Posted: 27 Jul 2012 3:51AM GMT
In reply to your query. Yes Both William (Will) or (Bill) Carter and Hattie are buried in Post Falls, as are the Butterfield parents. Not so very far from each other as it happens. As they are my grand parents I tend to visit the grave sites as time and situation allows. Lois I. Carter (Medley) is there as well. Bessie, my aunt, is buried, I believe in Clarkston Washington.
Reguards, Loren Medley
In re-reading your information it looks like the information for my aunt Bessie should be that for her mother. Both my aunts' birth date and my mothers' birth date appear to be correct.

Re: William A. & Hattie (Butterfield) Carter

Posted: 28 Jul 2012 2:07AM GMT
Loren -- Thank-you so much for this information. Did Bessie ever marry? I may have a picture or two of your grandpa and one or two of his parents. Your grandpa Bill Carter's mother, Josephine Carter, was a half-sister to my great great grandpa, George A. Carter. I have a picture of Josephine's parents. Let me know if you are interested in the photos. My email address is LDShoger@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions