Search for content in message boards

Most efficient way to get a copy of St. Tammany marriage record?

Most efficient way to get a copy of St. Tammany marriage record?

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 3:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
I can drive to the St. Tammany courthouse if necessary. What would be the most efficient way to get a copy of this record?
Name: Pamela A. Hewitt
Spouse: George Masham
Marriage Date: 16 Mar 1865
Marriage Place: St. Tammany

Re: Most efficient way to get a copy of St. Tammany marriage record?

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 5:10PM GMT
"Vitalcheck" you can order online thru ancestry.con
or drive depending if you have the time
check to see if location of marriage lic is open and if it is available for you to drive in and pick up, since they will have to look up lic number, and location of that record. I would go with Vital Check.
Good luck in your search

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 4:22AM GMT
I am curious about how many times have you successfully used VitalCheck. Also, have you used it for Louisiana?

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 1:29PM GMT
Yes I have in the past, it is a safe way & price is reasonable to get marriage, birth and death records when you live too far to go there. Your dealing with old records, so I would go vitalcheck, I don't think you will find an actual copy of the record in any genealogy bulletin, just indexes and what ancestry has.
In the past you had to go to courthouse, order the record & pick it up the next day, if your on vacation like I was that was OK, I'm sure that has changed with every thing being microfilmed/digital. I don't know if the Baton Rouge Archives would have marriage records for 1865 from St Tammany Parish, that would be another source to look into. Good luck in your search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions