Search for content in message boards

Isaacs

Isaacs

Lisa Reece (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 2:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Isaacs
Looking for the ancestors of Martha Ann Isaacs b. 10-1852 in Watauga Co. Married William F Greer in 1872 in Johnson County TN and died in 1931 in Watauga County. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted: 8 Mar 2002 2:21AM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2006 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: Isaacs, Eggers, Reese
Hi Lisa, I believe your Martha Ann Isaacs was the daughter of James Isaacs, jr. (1831-?) and Nancy Eggers Isaacs (1831-1903). I have them listed with a daughter named Martha b. 1852. James Jr. was the son of James Isaacs (1791-1847...you'll be happy to know that James' will still exists in Ashe County, NC's Will Book A) and Rachel Reese Isaacs (1801-abt 1880). James Sr. was the son of Richard Isaacs (abt 1765-abt 1816). Unfortunately, the trail stops at our brick wall right there.

Nancy Eggers Isaacs (1831-1903) is buried, by the way, in the cemetery of Union Baptist Church in the Mabel community in Watauga County. Her tombstone indicates that she was the wife of James Isaacs (Jr.), but there isn't a marker in place for James, so we don't know for sure when he died (common practice before the 1890s was to carve a person's name on a fieldstone and set that up as a monument, but most of these have eroded away over the years...carved monument stones were very rare in the area before the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries.).

Hope that this helps,
Bob

Re: Isaacs

Lisa Reece (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2002 3:13PM GMT
Surnames: Isaacs
Bob,
Thank you so much. That was just the information that I was looking for. That opens up a whole new branch of my tree. I really appreciate the help and if there is any information that you think I might have I will gladly share with you!
Lisa

Re: Isaacs and Rees/Reese

susan reece (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2002 8:38PM GMT
hello cousins - I am related to Isaac in that 3 Rees brothers married 3 Eggers sisters, one Isaac and one Wilson in our "first" generation and one Greer-Isaaacs, one Greer, one wilson, one Madron, one Jones, one Eggers and one Henson in the second.
:"our" first generation: Valentine Rees m. Christiana'Christina Harmon and dau Rachel b.1793 m. James Isaacs b?. "our" second generation: son Valentine, Jr.b.1785 m. Joanna Eggers b.,1787 who's son, John b.1813 (twin) m. Cynthia Greer Isaacs.
I would appreciate any information you might share on a) Rachel-Valentine upline? my research/family records "stop" here. I have seen a census of 1793 Valentine rees, Purveyor of Ships, in Philadelphia, which appears to be where they originated, am looking for confirmation, and of Harmon lineage b) Cynthia Greer Isaacs 8 children and, last but not least, validation of dates? I am direct line from Lawson White from James from Valentine Jr, sister to "your" Rachel. thanks very much..

Posted: 20 Aug 2002 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Reece, Issacs, Eggers
I had Rachel as the dau of John and Sarah Eggers Reese (grand dau of Valentine and Christina) but I could very easily be wrong. For info on Valentine "Felty" Reece you must check out Bob Jones site "OUR REECE FAMILY" if you cant't locate it email back at greece@preferred.com and we'll send you the link that way. His extensive research shows that Valentine's father was Johan Jacob Ries of Gamberg Germany, coming to America (Philadelphia) in about 1749. Then moving to the Wachovia (Winston-Salem) area of NC a little later then on to WNC and ETennessee. He also has reserch on pre 1749 (unconfirmed but probable) ancestors in Germany.

susan reece (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2002 12:39PM GMT
Hi cousin - yes, I also have a Rachel b.1801 Ashe Co., NC, dau of John b. 1770 m. Sarah Eggers (10 children). But, John also, acording to (our) records, had a sister, Rachel b. 1793 who married a James Isaacs. I have heard from one of Isaacs downlines and they confirm back to Rachel and Valentine, Jr., so, that should be validation of (our) record on the Rachel I was speaking of, sister to John, and aunt to John/Sarah's Rachel b.1801 Ashe Co.

RE: Johann Jacob - yes, I've seen him, and was hoping for validation he was "the one". Valentine's Sr., first and second sons, John and Jacob names lend a strong hint to that effect. I've spoken also with JJ's dau, Barbary's, downline, which confirms back as dau of JJ. I've found record also JJ plus Anna Marie, with 'infant son", Marten, Johann Valentine, and Barbary, immigrating age 49, so was leaning towards JJ as the next upline but hadn't found confirmation yet. wondered who "infant son" is? and, of course, the object of it all is filling in the blanks between what is known and what is to be learned..

Will try to find Bob's website - sounds like the rainbow I've been looking for...thanks again, and nice to meet you, cousin!!..best, regards, Susan Elizabeth Reece of John Edward of Charles Lee b.1904 of George Wiley b.1879 of Lawson White b.1852 of James b.1822 of Valentine Jr. b.1785. of Valentine, Sr. m. Christiana/Christina Harmon

Posted: 30 Sep 2002 12:59AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2004 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Eggers, Reece, Green
Have Rebecca Reece and Joanna Eggers in my line. Rebecca was married to Lemuel Wilson they had a daughter named Hannah b. October 9, 1823 in Watauga Co. Hannah married George Davis Green (my ggggrandfather). Joanna married Elijah Dotson, they had a daughter Anna Melinda who married Lemuel Curtis Green (my gggrandfather) . Is this a connection to your Reece and Eggers from Watauga Co.?

Re: Isaacs family

Posted: 24 Dec 2002 3:24AM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 8:37AM GMT
I won't swear by it but I have this information in my data:
Descendants of Samuel Jr. Isaacs

1 Samuel Jr. Isaacs - 1759
.. 2 Elisha Isaacs 1730 -
...... +Sarah
....... 3 Richard Isaacs 1765 -
........... +Mary Ann Robbins
............ 4 Elijah Isaacs 1782 -
............ 4 David (?) Isaacs 1785 -
............ 4 Mary Isaacs 1789 -
................ +Unknown Massagee
............ 4 Massy Isaacs 1789 -
................ +John Samuel Swift 1789 -
................. 5 Wellington Swift 1851 -
................. 5 John Samuel Jr. Swift
................. 5 Hila Swift
................. 5 Rhoda Swift
................. 5 Polly Swift
................. 5 Sarah Swift
................. 5 Emily Swift
................. 5 Massy Swift
................. 5 Nancy Swift
................. 5 Thomas Swift
................. 5 Elias Swift
............ 4 James Isaacs 1791 -
................ +Rachel Reece 1793 -
............ 4 Richard II Isaacs 1793 - 1897
................ +Lillianna Swift 1800 - 1877
................. 5 Emsley Isaacs, Sr. 1818 - 1848
..................... +Jane Aldridge 1824 - 1903
................. 5 Albuen/Albin Isaacs 1823 -
................. 5 Elias Burton Isaacs 1825 -
................. 5 May Isaacs 1828 -
................. 5 Nella Isaacs 1831 -
................. 5 Richard III Isaacs 1832 -
................. 5 James Isaacs 1834 -
..................... +Nancy M. Eggers 1831 - 1903
................. 5 Noah Isaacs 1838 - 1915
..................... +Martha Jane Fletcher
................. 5 Lillianna Isaacs 1838 - 1900
..................... +Noah Eggers 1845 - 1872
................. 5 Polina Jane Isaacs 1840 -
............ *2nd Wife of Richard II Isaacs:
................ +Jane Johnson
................. 5 Mary Isaacs
..................... +Brown Carpenter
................. 5 Delzie Isaacs 1888 -
..................... +Dontie H. Daniels 1888 - 1961
................. 5 John Isaacs
................. 5 Waitstill Isaacs
................. 5 Willie Isaacs
................. 5 Jane Isaacs
................. 5 Lillie Isaacs
................. 5 Martha Isaacs 1871 - 1960
..................... +Wesley (Wess) Holtsclaw 1872 - 1949
................. 5 Dartie Isaacs
................. 5 Isaacs
................. 5 Dona Isaacs
..................... +Harrison Vance 1892 -
................. 5 Jeter M. Isaacs 1898 - 1970
..................... +Lula Johnson
............ 4 Solomon Isaacs 1795 -
................ +Lillie Giles
................. 5 Elijah Isaacs
..................... +Saly Hartly
................. 5 Peggy Isaacs
..................... +Milton Davis
................. 5 William Isaacs
..................... +Unknown Norris
............ *2nd Wife of Solomon Isaacs:
................ +Sarah Eggers 1807 - 1857
................. 5 Hugh M. Isaacs 1839 - 1916
..................... +Nancy Thompson
................. *2nd Wife of Hugh M. Isaacs:
..................... +Leona Presnell
................. 5 Martha Isaacs 1841 -
..................... +John Wilson
................. *2nd Husband of Martha Isaacs:
..................... +Sherman Swift
................. 5 Solomon C. Isaacs 1845 -
................. 5 Richard Isaacs 1847 -
............ 4 Daughter Isaacs 1800 -
............ 4 Jesse (?) Isaacs 1805 -
................ +Mary Polly Smith
............ *2nd Wife of Jesse (?) Isaacs:
................ +Mary Polly Smith
............ 4 Enos Isaacs 1805 -
................ +Jain/Jane Moody
............ 4 Nathan (?) Isaacs 1806 -
................ +Mary Polly Cockerham
....... 3 Samuel Isaacs 1759 - 1844
....... 3 Elisha Jr. Isaacs
.. 2 Samuel Isaacs
.. 2 Margaret Isaacs
.. 2 Mary Isaacs
.. 2 Godfrey Isaacs 1738 - 1787
.. 2 Elisha Isaacs
.. 2 John Isaacs
.. 2 Jane Isaacs
.. 2 Rebecca Isaacs
.. 2 Elizabeth Isaacs

Joel Reese (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2003 3:02PM GMT
Surnames: Reece, Reese, Ries
Dear Ms. Reece!

I am also doing research on the Reece/Reese family. You mentioned in your post that you had found a record that listed JJ plus Anna Marie, with 'infant son, Marten, Johann Valentine, and Barbary, immigrating age 49. Where is this record located or what source are you using? I am a descendant of Jacob Reece son of Valentine and grandson of Jacob Reece/Ries.

Thanks
Joel Reese
828-396-5963
hospitalave@yahoo.com
Posted: 25 Jan 2004 2:49AM GMT
Bob,
Hello!!! My name is Anna Lee Isaacs Davis, I am looking for info on Noah Isaacs 1838-1918, married to Martha Jane Fletcher 1840-1917. Can you help me please!!!!!
Thanks,
Anna Davis
per page

Find a board about a specific topic