Search for content in message boards

William & Grace Buckingham of Buckfastleigh, Devon

William & Grace Buckingham of Buckfastleigh, Devon

Posted: 25 May 2010 5:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Buckingham, Pooke
Looking for information on the descendants of William & Grace Buckingham (nee Pooke). Their children were William, Henry, Grace, John, Anne, George, Ezekiel, Thomas & Samuel.
Samuel emigrated to Australia in 1853 with his wife and two children. Any information welcome.

Re: William & Grace Buckingham of Buckfastleigh, Devon

Posted: 5 Sep 2010 6:36PM GMT
Surnames: Buckingham
Am descendent from William Buckingham b.1835 Buckfastleigh,
Married to Elizabeth.Seeking William's parentage.

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 7:23AM GMT
Surnames: Buckingham, Pooke
gotmoxie:
While I'm sure there is a connection between the families somewhere, I can't seem to locate it at the moment.
My William was born c1776 in Devon (not sure where) and married Grace Pooke (b c1776 in Bickington) c1794 in Buckfastleigh. Their 9 children were born there between c1794 (William) and c1815 (Samuel), which puts your William into the next generation at least. Still trying to chase down most of those.
Will post again if I find a connection or the parentage you are seeking.

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 4:53PM GMT
My William married Elizabeth Caunter but with the seven sons of William and Grace, I hit a brick wall as to which was the father. Records of Buckfastleigh are not on line, and Im here in US. My branch lived in Ashburton after the marriage. Ggrandfather moved to Westford, which ties in the connection with his uncle John W Caunter. Will post again if I come up with anything:)If you havent already, check out the Buckinghams (Ezekiel)of Staverton, he is the source
somehow, early 1700s.

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 1:35PM GMT
Hi there, I am researching the Buckinghams/Memory families from Buckfastleigh.

Samuel Buckington b 1817, son of William and Grace, married Ann Memory and emigrated to Australia, as you mention, arriving on board Omega in January 1854. Their children were Emma and Samuel Ezekiel.They also had another daughter Grace Annie b 1855 in Australia.

Samuel Ezekiel's daughter Grace Olive b 1880 in Australia married Joeseph Bramwell in Victoria 1899, but moved to Wellington, New Zealand sometime after the birth of their second child in 1902.

Grace Olive Bramwell b1909 married Lance Carruthers in 1930.
They had only one child, William John Carruthers b 1930. I am researching on behalf of William John Carruther's daughter and family, all based in New Zealand.

I have just started research, so would appreciate any information you have to offer. I understand the family has quite a collection of old photos which I will work on getting scanned, and this may be of some interest to you.

Please feel free to contact me on carolanntorrie@gmail.com

Regards, Carol-Ann
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions