Search for content in message boards

Samuel Denton

Samuel Denton

Posted: 2 Jun 2002 5:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jan 2005 2:45PM GMT
Samuel was age 8 in the 1860 Iowa, Wapello County, Centre Township Census. He was living with his sister Nancy Denton Fenner. The Census indicates Nancy was born in Illinois and Samuel was born in Iowa. Looking for information on their parents, other siblings, etc.

Re: Samuel Denton

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 7:39PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2003 9:27PM GMT
Hello, the Samuel Denton I have may or may not be tied into your family. Here is what I have on my grandfather.

Samuel Denton, born 8/30/1899 in Kirksville, MO. He married Estal Vee Baird of Kirksville MO. I am looking for his father, my great grandfather who was also Samuel Denton (senior) of Kirksville, MO, who married Jane. I do not have her surname nor eithers date of birth.

The decendants of this family moved to Chicago. Any connection? Regards. Nancy

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 9:52PM GMT
I have nothing that can confirm there's a connection between your Samuel Denton and the Samuel Denton I found in the 1860 Census. I did find what may have been his father, Samuel Denton, in the 1850 Census. The Census was for the same county, Wapello, Iowa, as the 1850 Census. The earlier Samuel Denton was born about 1812 in Iowa. His wife's name was Dicy. Children listed were Nancy, Martha E., Sara A., Levi, Jackson and Amanda A. I mentioned earlier that the Samuel Denton is the 1850 Census was at the same residence as Elizabeth Fenner, presumbably my great grandmother. She and her husband, John D. Fenner, did end up in Adair County, MO. John D. and Elizabeth are listed in the 1870 Census for Kirksville, Adai, MO. If I find anything more about Samuel Denton from the 1860 Census, I'll let you know.

Posted: 25 Jul 2002 1:23AM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2003 9:27PM GMT
Thanks for your reply Dick, you are the only one who respondend. There still may be a connection yet. I am printing off what you sent me and sending it to family to see what they think. I truly hope we all have something in common and at the very least can help each other find our families. You were so very kind to respond. Thank you. I will be in touch if someting connects. Good luck to you and yours. Nancy Marshall
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions