Search for content in message boards

GAY FAMILY, ROCKY MOUNT, NORTH CAROLINA

GAY FAMILY, ROCKY MOUNT, NORTH CAROLINA

Cheryl (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 3:09PM GMT
i HAVE A 1920 PHOTOGRAPH OF LEROY GAY IN HIS SOPHOMORE YEAR AT ROCKY MOUNT HIGH SCHOOL CLASS ON 1921.

Re: GAY FAMILY, ROCKY MOUNT, NORTH CAROLINA

Posted: 7 Aug 2001 1:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Gay,Beaman
I am related o the Gay family

Posted: 22 Jan 2003 7:59PM GMT
I TOO AM RELATED TO THE GAY FAMILY BY WAY OF NELSON & AMELIA GAY MY GREAT GRAND PARENTS. SAMEUL AND HATTIE GAY MY GRAND PARENTS. DO YOU KNOW OF THEM? THEY ALSO WERE OUT OF NORTH CAROLINA.

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Gay
George Thomas Gay my grandfather had a sister named Hattie. They grew up in Rosemary, NC which was a census area in Roanoke Rapids, NC. Bro. and sisters were Charles, John, Margaret, Bubba, and Alvin. George Thomas Gay m. Ola Mae Eason. My Hatties parents were Moses S. or Milan S Gay and Vergie Bell Underwood.

Is this your family or is anyone else related?

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 7:36PM GMT
I grew up in Red Oak, NC just out from Rocky Mount. My ggrandfather was George Washington Gay, son of Charles and Sarah Gay. Charles is listed in the 1820 census in Halifax County, NC. I have seen information that makes me think that my Charles Gay served in the War of 1812 and received his land in Nash County for his service. The information said that he enlisted in Sussex County, Va. I found a Charles in Sussex County that was the same age but did not seem to be my Charles.
I think these families are related but I can not tell you for sure. I would love to trade information with anyone researching the Gay family in the Halifax, Nash county areas.
Pat Nelson
phn27614 @yahoo.com

Posted: 23 May 2011 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Gay/Bond
I am searching for any information on Gay Family name from North Carolina. Also Bond family name from Virginia Beach or Norfolk, VA. My grandmother, last name Gay was married to my grandfather, last name Bond, their first names I do not have. My father's name, date, of birth and death is the only definite info that I do have. I searched for him from 2000 until 2008, when I found him to be deceased since 2006. He had resided in Raliegh (Wake Co.), NC. I was born in Cario, GA, 1978. My name is Amber Marie Bond. My mother's name is Deborah West, from Virginia Beach, VA and Cario, GA. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 7:46PM GMT
My name is Lenwood Gay, I was born in Faison NC, now live in Columbus Ohio. I have 7 siblings. My father, Ewotha Gay Sr. is from Rocky Mount / Nashville North Carolina area. His mother was Susie Gay by marriage; not sure what his father first name was.

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 10:38PM GMT
What time period are we looking at? My gggrandfather was Charles Gay married to Sarah unknown. He is listed on the Halifax census in 1820 and then on Dortches, Nash County in 1850.
Pat Nelson
phn27614@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions