Search for content in message boards

Hedrick/Kentucky/Indiana & Illinois

Hedrick/Kentucky/Indiana & Illinois

Debbi (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2002 2:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hedrick, Park, Clark, Stumb, Taylor, Hersman
Looking for information for Hedricks that migrated from Kentucky, Indiana & Illinois. My gggrandfather is William Franklin Hedrick born in 1857 Adams Co, Illinois. His parents were George Hedrick & Susan Taylor. I recently found out from an elderly aunt that she use to go to Romney, Indiana for Hedrick get togethers. That she still had cousins there.

Re: Hedrick/Kentucky/Indiana & Illinois

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 5:27PM GMT
Do you know if there was a Lucille Hedricks in that line ???

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 4:57PM GMT
George Hedrick son of Jacob Hedrick son of Capt Peter Hedrick moved from Davidson County to Adams County circa 1833. He was joined in Brown County by 3 half brothers in 1850. Other descendants of Capt Peter moved to TN, OH, IN.

Posted: 26 Apr 2013 5:57PM GMT
Do you know if Lucille was in the line??? She lived in Peoria IL in a room home with my grand father around 1931 .Se gave birth to my father 10-21-1931 . 6 months latter she left her son and was not seen again. I need to know what hapened to my Grand mother

Posted: 21 Jul 2013 8:54AM GMT
Who was George's mother?

Posted: 15 Apr 2014 8:10AM GMT
George's mother was Maria Juliana Sauer.

George Washington Hedrick and Mary Dale had 4 children. I only had 3 of them until today. There was a girl named Polly older than William F Hedrick. Polly married A B Johnson and moved to Indiana. Her brother Jacob also joined her there long enough to appear in one census.

Mary Dale Hedrick applied for and received a widows pension from the Civil War. Mary died in 1865. The children then applied for and received a pension. The record of the children list the birth date of all 4.

Posted: 16 Apr 2014 2:15AM GMT
I have only one Susan Taylor and she married William Franklin Hedrick son on George Washington Hedrick and Mary Ann Dale.
George Washington Hedrick was born in NC.
George and Mary married in Brown County 1852.
Polly Hedrick was born 1853
William Franklin Hedrick was born 1857
Jacob was born 1859
Louisa was born 1861
George enter the Civil War in 1862.
George died in Franklin, Ten of Typhoid Fever in 1863.
Mary Dale Hedrick applied for and was granted widows pension.
Mary died 1865.
The 4 children applied for and received dependent children's pension. The application for the pension is the first I learned of Polly. I have her in my tree named Nettie in her uncles house in 1870 census.
The children were raised in the homes of their uncles and Aunts.
Polly married a Almon B Johnson in 1873 and moved to Indiana. She lived the rest of her life south Lafayette in Tippecanoe County. One census shows her brother Jacob living with her.
William married Susan Taylor in Brown County. William visited his children in Decatur and it seem reasonable he would also go to Indiana to visit his sister.

There was another William Franklin Hedrick born in IL. He is the son of George and Elizabeth Peacock Hedrick and the brother of George Washington Hedrick. We can time the move from NC to IL for it happened between the births of George and William. Mary Ann Hedrick married in NC had a child in Tenn one the way to Indiana when her husband died she hired an man to move her to Mt Sterling. She married and lived in Cass County the rest of her life.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic