Search for content in message boards

Native American Blackburn

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 11:26AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2003 11:32AM GMT
Does anyone know of Blackburn lines-probably a woodland tribe because of family locations ? Mid 1800's in OH, MI,KY and IN. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Blackburn

Posted: 13 Dec 2000 9:20AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 4:42PM GMT
I believe my maternal side has Cherokee from a
Blackburn in our family. Her name was Laura,
though I can't find any more information on her
like parents or birth or death dates. I also have
Cherokee from my grandfather's side, Bracy. Both
families were from the TN/KY area in the late 1800s.
Hope that helps.

Miriam (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2001 8:34AM GMT
Our research indicates that the Blackburns did indeed intermarry with the Cherokee. According to our family verbal history, one of my great grandmothers was Native American. We believe it to be either Mary Elizabeth Blackburn, b. 1850 in Pendleton Co., KY or her Grandmother, Prudence (Thornton) Blackburn b. 1807 in KY and married Joel Blackburn in KY. The Thorntons were also known to marry Cherokee. We have not been able to find anything to substantiate the Native American lines. There were many Blackburns in Pendleton Co., KY.

Cherokee

Chimere Driver (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2001 11:39AM GMT
My g-grandfather's name was Aaron Balckburn he was a Cherokee Indian he lived in Alabama

Aaron Blackburn

Posted: 19 Apr 2001 11:37AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2003 11:32AM GMT
Chimere,
Thanks for your reply. Do you have names and dates for Aaron's line? I am looking for a Helen Blackburn who would have married a Dean and had a son around 1842.
Connie

Native American Blackburn's

Joe S. Roby (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2001 4:53PM GMT
Connie,
My wife's Grandfather was John Wesley Blackburn and he was almost full blooded Indian. We always thought he was Blackfoot but he may have been Cheerokee. I do not know for sure where he was born. He was born 3/23/1895 and died 6/15/1994. He is buried in Bolivar (Hardeman County), Tn. where he lived. He was married to Althia Janey King and they married c. 1914 and had five children. My wife believes they came to West Tenn. from either Ky, or Il. but she is not sure and we do not have any other info past that however, we are searching for that info. If you would like you may contact me at: jroby_576@msn.com

Thanks,
Joe S. Roby

Native American Blackburn's

Joe S. Roby (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2001 4:53PM GMT
Connie,
My wife's Grandfather was John Wesley Blackburn and he was almost full blooded Indian. We always thought he was Blackfoot but he may have been Cheerokee. I do not know for sure where he was born. He was born 3/23/1895 and died 6/15/1994. He is buried in Bolivar (Hardeman County), Tn. where he lived. He was married to Althia Janey King and they married c. 1914 and had five children. My wife believes they came to West Tenn. from either Ky, or Il. but she is not sure and we do not have any other info past that however, we are searching for that info. If you would like you may contact me at: jroby_576@msn.com

Thanks,
Joe S. Roby

Native American Blackburns (John Wesley Blackburn)

Posted: 13 May 2001 8:20AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 1:50AM GMT
Joe, our family has a couple John Wesley Blackburns (older generations than your wife's); probably likely they are connected to yours (and they are Cherokee Indian blood via the Eddings). You can check them out on http:
//members.aol.com/wcook14024/eddings.html
which is Bill Cooks webpage on Eddings. If you think they are related, you might want to look at //freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com
/~everyone.ged/
There is a lot of documentation out there; we would love to have you join and receive e-mails regarding family research, etc. These will at least give you a place to look to see if you can connect us to your wife's family. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, contact me at ehill@frontiernet.net

Re: Native American Blackburn

Posted: 30 Sep 2001 4:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 5:23AM GMT
Connie, Did you ever learn anything about the Blackburn's or of Native American history? I have just found out that the Blackburns in our family were Cherokee Indian. They are from Oklahoma and have a family ceretery in Norman, Ok called Blackburn Ceretery. I would appreciate any help I could get. My husband and I are wanting to adopt our foster baby which is Native American. Thanks, DD

Re: Native American Blackburn

Posted: 14 Sep 2003 7:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Sep 2003 9:06PM GMT
I'm not sure if this is the right person you are looking for. My great-grandfather was William Harrison Blackburn, he was Cherokee, with ancestors that were shamans, and some type of royalty. I am also looking for information about my side of the blackburn family.
darlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions