Search for content in message boards

Dunham Charles/Harriet Canfield

Dunham Charles/Harriet Canfield

Posted: 27 Oct 2001 2:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunham Canfield Yost Harbaugh
Seeking information regarding descendents of Charles Duham who md Harriett Canfield at Stanford, NY in 1835. Specifically descendents of Asahel Canfield Dunham md. Florence L. Yost, descendents of Charles Albert Canfield, and descendents of Hattie Estelle Dunham who married Miles M. Ellsworth and had daughter Mabel Harbaugh. and Adda Maria Dunham who married William Harrison Yost.

Re: Dunham Charles/Harriet Canfield

Posted: 15 Sep 2008 2:57PM GMT
My relatives are Dunham. They are burried in the Cemetary between stanford and Prattsville, NY. My Grandmother Mary (Dunham) Lindholm grew up on a farm in Pittfield, NY. Then lived in New Berlin till she passed in 1999. Also Her Sister Estelle W. Dunham lived in New Berlin and passed a few year prior. He Son Harry Dunham still resides in New Berlin. I do remember the name Canfield in relation to the family. I am sure there are some relation to the people of whom you speak of.

Good Luck.
Nicole (Lindholm) Phillips

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 7:42AM GMT
Surnames: Dunham
Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your message. Both Charles Dunham and Harriett Canfield were born in Stanford, NY in the early 1800s. They moved west to Pittsford NY and out to Hudson, MI where she d. in 1867. He died in Cleveland, Ohio in 1905. So our anticedants are of the same family of DUNHAM but yours are a much later branch of it. The last descendent that I know of from this family is Mabel Harbaugh who died in California in 1954. I'm trying to locate any other direct descendents who are still alive. Thanks for your help.

Posted: 5 Oct 2008 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Dunham/ Harrington/Alberti
I was wondering if you could give me more information about your grandmother. My great-grandmother was born and raised in Prattsville. Her name was Lillian (Dunham)Harrington and her mother was Edith (Alberti) Dunham. I am having trouble tracking Lillian's father. I believe his name may have been Fenimore Horace Dunham. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Heidi

Posted: 5 Oct 2008 4:50AM GMT
Aunt's name was Harriett Canfield who md. Charles Dunham. She b. 1814, m 1835, d. 1867. Probably no relation to you.There were a number of Children to this marriage. Asahel C. Dunham, Hattie Estelle Dunham Ellsworth, and others. Interested in descendents.

Posted: 28 Jan 2010 7:47AM GMT
I'm sure that I would be able to help you with your Dunham research. Just need more info. I have many in the Prattsville, Greene Co., NY area as well as Stamford, Delaware Co., NY. I go there several times a year to do my research. My e-mail address is calberti@aol.com Please feel free to contact me. I will be happy to send you my Dunham info if you are interested. I'm sure we can make a connection. Have a good day, Cathy Alberti

Posted: 1 Jun 2013 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Canfield, Harbaugh
I have a sampler with the name Harriet Canfield, Stanford, and the year 1827. My grandmother was a Harbaugh from Cleveland, OH, which is a name in your post. But I don't know the path between Harriet and the the Cleveland Harbaughs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic