Search for content in message boards

Can't see ancestry DNA results page

Can't see ancestry DNA results page

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Dec 2012 3:17PM GMT
Starting about two days ago, I can't see our DNA home page; when I click on the DNA link at the top of the home page, it shows me a screen that says "the webpage cannot be found." Oddly enough, if I pull up an e-mail from about a week ago on my AOL account when ancestry.com notified us of some DNA matches, I can get to the DNA home page going through the e-mail link. I usually use Internet Explorer when looking at ancestry.com. Anyone else have this problem?

(There doesn't seem to be any way to e-mail a question to the ancestry site; I guess I'll have to wait until their offices are open next week to call them!)

Re: Can't see DNA results page

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 3:33AM GMT
Try emptying your cache and try the link again. If that doesn't work you can try another browser.

Jim

Re: Can't see ancestry DNA results page

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 12:24AM GMT
I haven't been able to see my DNA results all day. This is a recurring issue.

You can email ancestry at support@ancestry.com

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:56PM GMT
Thanks to both who responded. I'll try that e-mail address for ancestry! I was able to see the DNA results by bringing the site up on Firefox. Maybe the problem is with Internet Explorer; I haven't had time to look into it further yet.

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 2:55PM GMT
I'm using Firefox and having the same problem. Once in awhile there is an error message. At some times The results load but when I click on a match it only partly loads and then just sits there trying to load the tree comparison but never does. Today my results won't load at all. I will send Ancestry an email about it today.

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 6:28PM GMT
I did get a reply back from ancestry.com, and the technician gave me this link for "Optimizing your Ancestry.com Experience":

http://ancestry.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5251

Unfortunately, this did not correct the problem on Internet Explorer. As of today, Firefox has still worked OK for me.

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 8:31PM GMT
Edited: 13 Dec 2012 8:38PM GMT
I have not had a problem until today. I can see my own DNA results in Firefox, but not my son's. Both were OK yesterday. I can see his in IE 9 though.
I just saw a new drop-down selection "has a hint" - so maybe Ancestry.com updating their software is causing the outages.

Barbara

ps: just refreshed and was OK now in Firefox. Well, I spoke to soon...it's taking forever to refresh again.

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 12:57AM GMT
I got the same link from tech support and they said they were unable to see or reproduce the problem so they are assuming the problem is in the browser. I did mention to them that per the message boards others were having the same issue.
Right now I am able to see everything if I use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox - however others have the same result in reverse. Prior to a week ago or so I had no issues at all and was on my DNA page every day. I guess I will just live with it, using IE unless or until the problem crops up there too.

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 2:24AM GMT
That message from ancestry support is just their stock answer when anyone has any problem. Often the user is a noob who doesn't know about clearing the cache when they've been using the site heavily. For the rest of us, it doesn't help. I've had better luck at Chrome, and it's not even a preferred browser. Tonight I got to the DNA page but it's sluggish and not showing me what I need.

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 1:27PM GMT
We did clear the cache on IE but it didn't solve the problem; still see "Page not Found" when we click on the DNA results button.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions