Search for content in message boards

Orphan's/ States Custody

Orphan's/ States Custody

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennedy
I'm at a dead end and have been for years. Can't find my great grandmother, Ida Mae Kennedy b. 18 May 1893, D. 20 Apr 1961, any where. It's like she just appeared out of no where sometime before 1910, when she moved in with Elias and Molly Bryant in Antlers, Oklahoma, to be the housekeeper at age 14-16. She had a long lasting affair with Elias and had three children Myrtle 1910, John 1914, and Minnie 1917. She was said to have two brothers, Samuel and Luther???? Maybe born in Kentucky, Arkansas, or Oklahoma. She did marry in 1930 to Robert Lee Turner in Oklahoma. Later to a Mack Wilson.
I been wondering if she was an orphan and if so how will I ever find out?
CAN ANYONE HELP ME??????

Re: how do I find out if Ida Mae Kennedy was Orphan's/ States Custody

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2013 3:47PM GMT
Well I guess no one knows...

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 7:20PM GMT
Did she have a social security number? If she doesn't appear in the death benefit index, check her death certificate to see if it's on there.

If she did have one, have you sent for a copy of her SS-5 card? That's the application that she would have filled out when getting her SS number. It would have asked for the names of her parents.

Here's a link:

http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_records/a/ss5_request.h...

Hope this helps,

Scott

Posted: 2 Nov 2013 2:51AM GMT
RONDA,
HAVE YOU TRIED TO GET A COPY OF HER SOCIAL SECURITY FORM SHE FILLED IT MIGHT GIVE YOU HER PARENTS NAMES ON THAT AND WHERE THEY WERE FROM ALONG WITH OTHER INFORMATION .

KATHERINE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic