Search for content in message boards

WHEELER family in OKLAHOMA

WHEELER family in OKLAHOMA

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 12:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas, Davis, Wheeler
I am still looking for WHEELER cousins. Oklahoma must have a bunch. Great-grandfather was William Daniel Wheeler,m. to Fannie Davis. They had a large family. Grandfather was James Francis Wheeler, m. to Florence Thomas. they lived around Vici, maybe,Harmon. They moved to Kern county, CA in the 1920s. C'mon, y'all!! Help me out,please. i know that you are out there somewhere.

Re: WHEELER family in OKLAHOMA

Posted: 11 Aug 2008 9:11PM GMT
I just saw this and had to reply. My dad is James Wheeler and he was born in Erik, OK in 1942. Both his parents, now deceased are from Oklahoma. My grandfather was Marion E. Wheeler m. to Murray Louise Hart, who was Choctaw. We know tons of her side, as we are all tribal members today. The Wheeler side is scanty, however. My great grandfather, also named James Wheeler, was one of many children, reports vary between 9 and 12, but he left home after an argument at age 13 or so, sometime after the civil war and settled in Oklahoma. When he returned to Tennessee many years later, his whole family had left the area and we know nothing of where they scattered and settled. My grandfather always said his dad told him many times that he never could find out anything about his siblings or parents. My grandfather had three sisters, Ida, Marie, and Fergie who are also all deceased. They were all born in Oklahoma as far as I know. Buffalo cemetary in Oklahoma holds most of the relatives that we know. My grandfather, Marion, was the youngest of the four children. Could we be related?

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Whheler, Davis
I sure wish that I could help, but the info that I have probably does not help. I am sure all Wheelers are related, especially in Oklahoma. My great grandfather was William "Daniel" Wheeler, b. 1858, MO. He married Fannie Leah Davis. 1861,MO. Their children were Henry, Nannie, Jemas, Paul, Samuel, and Bettie. They were in Ellis Co, OK.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner . I have not worked on the Wheelers for quite awhile.

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 1:53AM GMT
My husband is the grandson of William Levi "Bill" Wheeler M; to Lydia Belle Overturn (TX) William worked in the oilfield around Seminole and the Navy Base in Norman OK. His Brother was John Wheeler M: cant remember. Johns children were Woodrow, Elgin and John. Woodrow had a son we called "Tubby" Leroys grandfather is buried in Wanette, OK and Woodrow, Elgin and Tubby are in the Lexington cemetery in Lexington, OK. John may be in the Rose Hill Cemetery which is about 10 miles east of Lexington. Leroy does not know where the Wheelers came from so I am not much help unless some of the names are the same. Good Luck . Share info if you can help me. Thank you

Posted: 24 Oct 2009 3:32AM GMT
I am so sorry to report that none of those names are familiar. I didn't get interested inmy Wheeler family until they were all gone. I guess that I am the last one. I had four Wheeler cousins here in California, but havent heardanything about them. My uncle Ken and their mother divorced when they were small. I saw them maybe twice. I did hear that there was a Native American connection, but have nothing to go on at this point. My Wheelers were from Grundy Co., Missouri. lived around Woodward, Dewey, Vici, Harmon. Came to CA in the 1920s

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: wheeler
I am sorry to. If they lived around woodward that would have been Oklhoma territory and not indian territory prior to 1907.you may try the 1900 census for leads. Verna

Posted: 25 Oct 2009 10:04PM GMT
Thanks, Verna.

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 2:47PM GMT
I also have been looking for information on Wheeler Family.
Unfortunatly I only know my Grandmother's name was Lottie Mae Wheeler, my mother was adopted her name was Margie Helen Wheeler before her adoption. I think they lived in Bow Legs, OK. I have a copy of her adoption papers and it was in Seminole County, Ok. I also know she was the youngest of several children. If you have heard of any of this I would appreciate hearing from you. Also my mothers birthday was 1/9/1926.
Dena

Posted: 24 Nov 2009 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler
I am so sorry, but I have no info on this person. there are a lot of Wheelers in OK and TX, but none will claim me.
My Wheelers were from Grundy Co., MO. Great grandfather was William Daniel Wheeler. Spouses were Leah and Fanny. the OK city directories have Wheeler listed in Seminole Co. Just was them today. dates were late 1930s to early 40s. Also saw Wheelers listed on the Indian census I guess that I am the last Wheeler here in CA

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 6:25PM GMT
Surnames: Wheeler
I am so new at trying to find out things about my mothers family, I don't know where to look for the Indian census.
I would so appreciate if you could tell me where to look for it. Thanks so much for your response.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions