All names circa 1700circa 1700

Re: SHAW, POOL

Andrew Burdett (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Aug 2010 9:22PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Pool

Job,

I have Shaw ancestry from Dighton,MA. My Shaw family married into the Pool's. Amea Shaw married Isaac Pool c.1779 , they later removed to Bristol,Ontario Co.,NY. I have Amea's ancestry back to the Mayflower, but don't know Isaac's parents.

Shaw in MA

JoAnne Shaw Green (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
Bristol County MA - Levi Shaw b 1/14/1786 in Taunton, MA d 3/14/1857

I am trying to find his parent's names. Any help would be appreciated. I am decended through his son, William Pomeroy Shaw 1824-1891

Shaw in MA

Posted: 25 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2010 9:26PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Burbank
My GG Grandfather, Jesse Allen Shaw, was born in Rupert, VT Feb 9, 1827 to unknown Shaw and Ruth Burbank. Judging by the Burbank families history, it is likely that he could have had a number of siblings.

Wondering if you see any connection. The time periods of Levi and William P. fit, but I have no positive connection. Do you have William's mother's name?

I have upstream info on Burbank branch from family bible, if you see a fit. Your response will be appreciated.

Putt Shaw
Floyd P. Shaw, IV

Shaw in Bristol County, MA

JoAnne Green (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
I want to explore possibility of a link in Bristol County.
My computer is off line at the moment. Am using a guest entry. Be patient I will get back to you. Thanks

Elkanah, s. Job ANDREWS

Posted: 19 Jul 2001 7:16AM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 6:24AM GMT
Surnames: ANDREWS
Hi: If you are still looking for Job Andrews, my husband's line is from his son, Elkanah. Drop me a line. Kathie kmg@eoni.com

Re: ANDREWS, BAKER, PITTS, SHAW, CHAFFEE, AMES,

Posted: 29 Oct 2003 6:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2005 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw, Ames, Beausoleil
I am researching my grandmother and her family.

My Maternal gradmother is Clara Don Ames 1894-1936. She married George A. Beausoleil in Attleboro, MA.

Her mother was Anna Don Shaw 1867-1940. She married Walter E. Ames 1867-1946 of Attleboro, MA.

They had 5 children: Charles, Myron, Newell, Walter, Clara.

Any information on Anna Shaw would be greatly appreciated.

COntact me at: gibson-ca@prodigy.net.

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 8:24PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2010 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: Pool, Peck
Hi,
I am from the Pool Line and I have the information that you are looking for.

Isaac Pool
Father- Isaac (Jack) Pool 1715 Dighton, Bristol Co., MA
Mother- Mary Peck Dec 3 1727 New Haven, CT

I have too much information to post here. Send me an email at: leona.pool@yahoo.com and I will share with you any info that you need. I have over 27,000 people in my family tree and 8781 family names.

Posted: 29 Aug 2010 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 29 Aug 2010 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: Pool, Peck
> Father- Isaac (Jack) Pool 1715 Dighton, Bristol Co., MA

You may wish to recheck your sources - this is almost certainly not from a contemporary record. The Dighton vital records from 1700 to 1899 were abstracted by Louis Hatherly Carr in the early 1980s. Copies are found at Dighton Town Hall, the Dighton Public Library, and the Dighton Historical Society. This birth is not found in the Dighton records. The only male Pool born in Dighton in 1715 was a Jacob, not an Isaac (and he would not be called "Jack" as that is a nickname for John, not for Jacob).

>Mother- Mary Peck Dec 3 1727 New Haven, CT

This would be a very unlikely spouse for a man born in Dighton in 1715, due to the great difference in age (12 years) and the (for the 18th century) great separation in birth places (although the separation is not necessarily a factor, as Mary's family at times lived in eastern RI - see below).

In any case I do not see a contemporary record of such a marriage (although I have not made an exhaustive search). The vital records of New Haven were published in two volumes in 1917 and 1924, and I do not find it therein. I also do not find it in the vital records of Dighton cited above.

The families of New Haven were researched extremely thoroughly by Donald Lines Jacobus (see the sixth of the eight volumes of New Haven Genealogical Magazine, reprinted as "Families of Ancient New Haven"). Although the Mary Peck (daughter of William) born in New Haven 03-Dec-1727 [New Haven VR 165] is not shown by Jacobus to have married [Families of Ancient New Haven 6:1409] he did not show marriages for any of her sisters, probably because the family of William [b. Bristol RI] removed to Newport RI shortly after Mary's birth at New Haven, and later removed again to Bristol, with William returning to New Haven before his death. Her marriage might be shown under her husband's family, but I do not have time to examine all of the 60-or-so Mary Pecks shown in "Families of Ancient New Haven" looking for such a marriage. I can tell you that there is no Pool husband shown for Mary anywhere in that work.

Dale H. Cook, Member, NEHGS and MA Society of Mayflower Descendants;
Plymouth Co. MA Coordinator for the USGenWeb Project
Administrator of http://plymouthcolony.net

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 7 Sep 2010 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Pool
Dale,
Thank you for your input-But- I have a family bible that disagrees with you. As you can tell by my last name -I am a direct decendant of Isaac and Jacob.

As for the differences in ages when they were married- Alot of people married with large gaps in ages, and for many reasons. I have worked on many family trees-not just my own and there is no rules implied or otherwise when it comes to marriages and ages.

I am more than willing to look at other information, because Family Bibles are not always accurate but I will stick to what I have unless I find proof otherwise.

Again Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions